Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early Prediction Thread for Saul "Canelo" Alvarez vs. Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    When hasn't a boxing PPV event not been a circus event. In the last 15 years most all PPV have been circus events.
    I'm not complaining. I'm excited about the event. The fight, not so much.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
      I'm not complaining. I'm excited about the event. The fight, not so much.
      ??? How can you not be excited about this fight. If you know your boxing history when two Mexicans fights is always a war and a good fight. So the fight will be way better than the event, even though the event will be exciting too.

In the last 15 years what boxing PPV was better than the event?

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        ??? How can you not be excited about this fight. If you know your boxing history when two Mexicans fights is always a war and a good fight. So the fight will be way better than the event, even though the event will be exciting too.

In the last 15 years what boxing PPV was better than the event?
        KO6. Fight of the year and ended in a knockout for the ages.

The issue with the fight isn't the action. It's the predictability. We know who is going to win before the bell rings.

This isn't a 50/50 fight like Barrera vs Morales.
        Last edited by -PBP-; 01-14-2017, 11:39 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
          yeah, but thats what im getting at really. Once canelo loses the size advantage he has, his skills are going to be shown to be very limited. Im not impressed with canelo at all and i think people are getting seriously carried away with him winning the cotto fight, a guy who trout won almost every round against. Canelo looked abysmal against mayweather, that was an absolute schooling, and i can not erase that from my mind when we talk about canelo. I know how great mayweather is but an elite fighter who was bigger should not get schooled like that, was one of his easiest ever wins.. His feet looked like they were stuck in the mud. He was significantly bigger than lara and he struggled in that fight too, he didnt look great to me against khan either, until his size advantage led to the KO. Im genuinely not saying this cause i dont like him, i just dont rate him at all. I dont think he can do to chavez what martinez did to him.
          He had like 5 lbs on Lara man, how is that even a significant advantage

If anything I'd take Lara's huge reach advantage (6 inches) over those measly 5 lbs.

Comment

Early prediction is a stoppage in the 8th round as Canelo is teeing off at will and the ref stops the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Dinamita 03 View Post
              He had like 5 lbs on Lara man, how is that even a significant advantage

If anything I'd take Lara's huge reach advantage (6 inches) over those measly 5 lbs.
              Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, Trout were all his size. The only smaller fighters was Cotto and Khan but Cotto has proven he can overcome his size disadvantages before so I don't get why Canelo should get penalized for that.

I know some people are upset about the GGG situation but to pretend like Canelo is not a class fighter is ludicrous.

Comment

IF chavez gets himself into good shape I see this fight being a twelve round war. Canelo is the more skillful of the two but chavez is much bigger naturally. I don't see canelo stopping chavez but I could make an argument for chavez stopping canelo very late on. Again, it depends on chavez' fitness for me but I would go for a very close decision for canelo.

Comment

Lara, Angulo, Kirkland, Trout were all his size. The only smaller fighters was Cotto and Khan but Cotto has proven he can overcome his size disadvantages before so I don't get why Canelo should get penalized for that.

I know some people are upset about the GGG situation but to pretend like Canelo is not a class fighter is ludicrous.
                  It's not feasible talking objectively about Canelo in this site, with few exceptions.

Comment

I love my steak and shrimp but every once in a while you need a cheat meal like a supreme pizza and ice cream. This fight is the latter. Big event, guaranteed action but a circus nevertheless.

Who wins and how?
                    May be a circus, but it makes tremendous economic sense, which is why it's happening.

For me, I think Jr. is competitive in the early going and gives Canelo trouble with some nice body shots, but as the fight wears on, Canelo's own body work and timing make all the difference. I think he busts Jr.'s face up and has his moments but ultimately wins a decision. Going to be a fun one!

Comment

Bardock

Where the hell you at? Speak on this fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X