Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Joe Calzaghe vs James Toney at 168 who wins?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I know am deluded but I don't see Joe C losing.
    That's because you either can't see or don't want.

Joe had his hands full with a shot Charles Brewer.

Imagine what Toney would have done to the version of RJJ Calslappy fought.

You gotta' be really soft to be impressed by Calzhage.

Comment

Originally posted by Red-Cyclone View Post
      James Toney is too slow, too fat, undisciplined, unfit and not competent enough to be in the ring with Joe Calzaghe...
      Do you all remember Joe Vs Lacy?
      That is what would happen it would be such an easy win for Calzaghe far too quick, offers too many angles he'd take a fat lazy twerp like Toney to school even quicker than Randy Couture did.
      Says the brown skinned white supremacist.

Such a bootlicker.

Lacey was nowhere near the level Toney was at..bad comparison...but that's to be expected from the likes of you.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
        From a real objective and unbias fan. I believe it's a toss up. I very slightly lean toward JT but Joe had tremendous stamia and an unbelievable workrate.

As great of a technician JT was, he did take many rounds off, even in his prime and Joe would be winning those and winning other competitive rounds. So I could see it going Joes way.

But I'm a huge JT fan and would like to say he pulls it out. But it's a true toss up.
        How could a **** eating tapeworm like you be objective.

Comment

Calzaghe-Toney could go either way

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
            Calzaghe-Toney could go either way
            Either way as in Toney stomping that slapping coward through the canvas.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
              Get real, he was overweight going into every fight. Roy embarrassed Toney because Roy was just that much better.

Whenever Toney looked like ass (often) people always want to blame the weight. Same **** happened no matter what division he was in.
              Toney was generally in shape throughout his MW reign in his early to mid 20's. He fought every few months.

I still think Roy would have beaten though due to styles.

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
                Either way as in Toney stomping that slapping coward through the canvas.
                Like he stomped Drake Thadzi and Doug DeWitt through the canvas?

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
                  Dear sir,

Please stop commenting on anything boxing related.

Best regards!

Dip
                  Ha!

Seconded.

Comment

Originally posted by lparm View Post
                    Joe had been in wars by the time they fought.

A KO is a ko but it's the wars that destroy the body. A fighter is far better off being stopped early than taking 12 rounds of punishment. Boxing iq.

Joe was worn out RJJ was fresher and Joe still punked him.
                    Please stop.

It's becoming cringeworthy.

Wars?

Fresher at 40, having suffered back to back knockout defeats over 4 years earlier?

No top level win for 5 years.

Oh dear.

Let's just hope you're having a Joke with us.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                      Because James Toney has developed this ridiculous legend based on "potential, if he ever really got into shape" that is not remotely in line with the reality of his career. It's not even good fighters like Griffin or McCallum, the guy got whooped by crap fighters when Toney was supposed to be at his best.
                      For the benefit of this thread, we have to take the best version of each fighter.

I agree that in reality, James may not have given Joe an ounce of respect, and he could have underestimated him and not shown up fully fit. That would have been more than possible. He was his own worst enemy.

James didn't get whooped by non great fighters at his best. Don't exaggerate. A fighter can't always be at his best when he's got such a hectic schedule.

I think the version of James who beat either Barkley or Littles, vs the version of Joe who beat Lacy, would have been a great fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X