Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will the Golovkin haters give him credit if he KOs Jacobs?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    GGG has beaten many middleweights who were ranked in the top 10 by Transnational and Ring when he fought them.

Wilder has only one win over a top 10 ranked HW, yet the same people who bash GGG have nothing but praise for Wilder.
    I've never seen Wilder on any P4P list, whereas u see GGG on all P4P lists, so this tells u everything you need to know about the recognition both fighters get. With that being said I believe Jacobs would be the best win on GGG's resume but that's about it, would it be a great historic win? No, but it's definitely a step in the right direction for GGG and hopefully he keeps going in that direction from there on out.

Don't forget that Jacobs is a significant underdog going into the fight so if GGG beats him don't expect too much credit from fans, as opposed to what would happen if the underdog beat the favorite. I also think that people consider Jacob's chin to be a great weakness and will use that as a reason to discredit GGG just like they did with Floyd Mayweather when he beat slower guys like Baldomir even though he was a very good opponent who was much bigger and a lineal champ at the time, that's how boxing is.
    Last edited by Dip_Slide; 12-31-2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post
      I've never seen Wilder on any P4P list, whereas u see GGG on all P4P lists, so this tells u everything you need to know about the recognition both fighters get. With that being said I believe Jacobs would be the best win on GGG's resume but that's about it, would it be a great historic win? No, but it's definitely a step in the right direction for GGG and hopefully he keeps going in that direction from there on out.

Don't forget that Jacobs is a significant underdog going into the fight so if GGG beats him don't expect too much credit from fans, as opposed to what would happen if the underdog beat the favorite.
      See this is the point GGG fans keep missing. We're not saying GGG is a bum, he's clearly a skilled fighter. But where he is treated as being (almost universally top 5 across all weight classes) is inconsistent with what he's done in the ring. Wilder does not receive that kind of recognition - and that's totally fine.

And similar to Golovkin, it's not entirely Wilder's fault that his list of names isn't super impressive. But I still don't just go out of my way to give him more credit than he's earned.

I mean - how can y'all honestly put GGG over Lomachenko? Crawford? Ward? Kovalev? Gonzalez? That's 5 names easy that ought to be recognized over Golovkin.

Comment

No, the Pirog KO is a ready made excuse.

Comment

Originally posted by Dip_Slide View Post

Don't forget that Jacobs is a significant underdog going into the fight so if GGG beats him don't expect too much credit from fans, as opposed to what would happen if the underdog beat the favorite. I also think that people consider Jacob's chin to be a great weakness and will use that as a reason to discredit GGG just like they did with Floyd Mayweather when he beat slower guys like Baldomir even though he was a very good opponent who was much bigger and a lineal champ at the time, that's how boxing is.
          Well this just means the standard for impressive is a bit higher than it might otherwise be.

Lomachenko was somewhere in the neighborhood of 8/1 or 9/1 over Walters but most people recognize both his performance and quality of opponent as being strong. The odds are similar for GGG-Jacobs, at least last I checked.

Comment

Originally posted by Face Of Boxing View Post
            GGG fans said that long ago when GGG haters were saying Jacobs is a great matchup. "He beat quillen doe".
            Yeah that would explain why I got red k from a ggg fan for this post. Cause they been saying it

Comment

Originally posted by Pepe The Frog View Post
              Great fighters blast people out like that, by the naysayers the so called hardcore fans who just want to be different for the sake of being different they will not give credit because they want to carry on the agenda.

At this point it doesn't matter what happens in GGG career he has already achieved the riches he wants he's just wanting to put the finishing touches on a continually better growing career and If he can beat Jacobs he would really be cementing greatness.
              Most won't give him credit if that happens. A bunch of excuses will come, he was cold, he was chinny, etc.

Triple G is a good fighter but he is far from being called great. This is a step in the right direction and hopefully he gets more of the top names at 160

Comment

GGG should get credicrediut as noit everyone would beat Jacobs.

Comment

Sports fans -- and especially boxing fans -- never change their minds. You never hear them say, "I may have been wrong about...."

I mean...no. Not gonna happen.

Comment

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
                    GGG should get credit as not everyone would beat Jacobs.
                    True. But sadly, some never will.

Comment

Originally posted by Lords View Post
                      2nd best middle weight in the world, and that still isn't saying much because of how awful that division is. Jacobs is indeed chinny af and most likely will get KO'd because of it. He gets my credit when he gets out of that shltty division and does work, but that surely wont happen. Why? Because he could just stay in the division and keep knocking out everyone while getting the praise and the glory. Why on earth would he want to leave that?
                      MW isn't great, but neither is SMW.

The fighter between 160-168 with the biggest chance of beating GGG is Canelo (or Eubank, but that's my personal opinion). He also happens to be the biggest payday.

Comment

Working...
                      X