Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This is what Superfights are suppose to look like!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bender2000 View Post
    yeah agree , I mean come on he was paid that huge amount of money and surely that's got to be some accountability to provide entertainment to fans ? yeah Floyd fans will go on and on and on about the unbeaten record and he fights to win but bull**** hes never going to be talked about in revered terms like the warriors of the sport , its a ****ing travesty that guys like micky ward never had been paid in those huge amounts what he and gatti did in there fights that deserved that amount of money not a hugger runner like Floyd.
    There will be no accountability for this fight because his fans only care about bragging rights. And I kinda understand, this whole Pac-May mess went on for too long for their not to be taunting from the Floyd fans.

But his style these days is painful and headache-inducing. And also, practically unbeatable. If Floyd was an emerging fighter with this style, he'd be blackballed worse than Rigo, who at least throws punches with bad intentions.

It isn't just casual fans who are bored. He's refined a style that just shuts down the possibility of an engaging fight. Even the great Nacho Beristain called the style "weird". He's truly a great fighter but so were Leonard, Hearns, Duran and those guys knew how to entertain. That was in the job description. That was woven into their style. I just feel when you are a PPV star and the face of boxing, you have to bring something more. Just shutting down the other guy and winning, fight after fight? Not for me. There's a reason none of the greatest fights in boxing history are pot-shotting masterclasses.

Comment

Yeah because both was the REAL DEAL so together their styles made for a great fight.
      For Mayweather vs Pacquiao that wasn't a even match up coming into the fight at all. It was one guy who everybody hated vs the guy people hoped, wished and prayed for 5-6 Years but in actuality he never had the skills or smarts to beat the man that everybody hated so instead of accepting defeat you have a people trying to argue their guy won, they not arguing for a Draw, they trying to convince themselves and others that their guy won

Comment

Working...
      X