Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Canelo: Opponent To Be Revealed Tomorrow

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

with New York and Miami on that list im leaning towards Cotto.... but DLH said it'd be 'historic' so i dunno...?

Comment

It has to be Lara. He lives in Texas and there's a ton of Cuban's in Miami. It should be fun press tour, Lara's been talking a lot of smack and they both speak spanish. They wouldnt go to Miami if Kirkland was involved.
      Last edited by UTEP; 07-09-2012, 12:00 AM.

Comment

Has there ever been a 4 location press tour for a non-PPV fight? Seems like too much just for a regular Showtime fight.

Whatever it is, I just hope they announce a new date.
        Last edited by DoktorSleepless; 07-09-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
          It has to be Lara. He lives in Texas and there's a ton of Cuban's in Miami. It should be fun press tour, Lara's been talking a lot of smack and they both speak spanish.
          that makes sense too but i dont know how canelo vs lara would be "history, will you be part?" lol

would still be a good fight but i dunno bout it being some huge history-making fight.

Comment

Originally posted by liraj View Post
            It has to be Lara. He lives in Texas and there's a ton of Cuban's in Miami. It should be fun press tour, Lara's been talking a lot of smack and they both speak spanish.
            Listening to lara n interviews,Dude is boring.Hes no shlt talker.

Comment

Originally posted by MalikKnucklez View Post
              Lara don't train or stay down here, cuzz.
              you are talking about Erislandy Lara...are you not? If so he lives in Kendall
              Last edited by PAC-BOY; 07-09-2012, 12:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                That is correct. JK is good to train.
                I thought the doc's said he could train back when the fight was originally booked, but he couldn't train full steam?

The way I understood it was Kirk could train, but he's not going to be 100% until October/November?

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                  Listening to lara n interviews,Dude is boring.Hes no shlt talker.
                  True. Ronnie Shields been doing most of the shlt talking also his manager Luis DeCubas I cant stand that fool, he's the one that was acting all hard before the Marquez/Casamayor fight.
                  Last edited by UTEP; 07-09-2012, 12:13 AM.

Comment

According to ESPN, Kirkland is not 100%, but will take 2.5 million to fight Canelo hurt.

http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id...houlder-injury

"He's been stretching it and doing his therapy, but when he began snapping punches, he said he felt a twinge and that it didn't feel right and that he could tell it wasn't right. That's not going to change in a week or two. He said, 'I can't train 100 percent, and for a guy like this, I have to be 100 percent.' He knew he was rushing it."

Dunkin said Meeks recently began serving as an adviser to Kirkland and that in the email he told them that Kirkland "would sign the contract today for $2.5 million and that he is ready to go for the right money."

"Our answer was that James is injured," Dunkin said. "We won't fight him if he's injured, and said he's obviously not going to be ready to fight Sept. 15. His answer was that James could fight later in the year, but that it would have to be for $2.5 million

Comment

Originally posted by PAC-BOY View Post
                      you are talking about Erislandy Lara...are you not? If so he lives in Kendall
                      He moved to Houston to be we some family a few months ago..

Comment

Working...
                      X