No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adamek Passes on Pulev: Makes No Financial Sense

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Adamek Passes on Pulev: Makes No Financial Sense

Heavyweight contender Tomasz Adamek has turned down an opportunity to fight Kubrat Pulev in an IBF elimination match that could’ve earned him a shot at Wladimir Klitschko.

“I have been offered an opportunity to fight in Poland for far more money than I would get for fighting Kubrat Pulev,” Adamek said in a statement released Wednesday by his co-promoter, Main Events. “Meaning no disrespect to Pulev, he has never held a major title and never headlined a televised card. Any money generated by the promotion would, for the most part, be generated by my popularity. I owe it to my family to engage in the most financially rewarding bouts, and engaging in a bout with Kubrat Pulev at this time simply does not make financial sense.”

[Click Here To Read More]

So Pulev vs who again? Is Adamek getting stripped?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Adamek vs Golota ll

Comment

Looks like it will be Pulev vs. Jennings.

Comment

This is just an admission by Adamek that he's over.

Pulev would destroy him and he knows it. He's done.

Adamek is no longer relevant at heavyweight, and he'd better hope he doesn't end up in jail over that drunk driving charge.
          Last edited by The Nephilim; 02-14-2013, 01:16 AM.

Comment

He agreed to take part in a tournament, then pulled out before the final. This was an attempt by the IBF to give us a deserving contender, which we haven't had for a while. It's pretty ****ty of him to have been like this about it.

Did he not see this coming? Neither Pulev or Ustinov are huge names so he shouldn't have agreed to participate if he wasn't willing to face the winner. Adamek has never seemed like the type to avoid someone, he's faced more top 10 heavyweights than Povetkin or anyone else not named Klitschko. But you have to wonder if he realises how high risk Pulev is and maybe that's the reason for him refusing the fight.

Not sure if his fight with Fury is already signed, but if not Cunningham should get the chance to face Pulev considering the vast majority felt he beat Adamek.

Comment

how about giving Cunningham the shot?

He should forget the fight with Fury, go after Pulev he's an easier opponent.

Comment

Perhaps he's fighting Wlad in Poland. Makes sense.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post

Kubrat Pulev is the best heavyweight in the world not named Klitschko.

And he had a better year last year than either Klitschko did.

He beat Travis Walker (who knocked Adamek down and had him in trouble), Alexander Dimitrenko, and Alex Ustinov, all big and above average opponents.

Adamek has zero chance vs Pulev and obviously he knows it.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuban Linx View Post

Pulev is better than Fury.

But I wouldn't mind seeing Cunningham vs. Pulev as a final eliminator.

Comment

Working...
                    X