Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GGG wins this

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
      I never disputed that he has stoppages after the 5th. I said he gets tired and frustrated. Its not about underestimation either. I'm not going on resume at all either. I don't know what or who you're debating.

Chavez is big and can take punches. GGG is rather small and we really don't know how he'll react to a hard puncher late in fights. I think a fight with Chavez would be fun to watch but if I were handling Gennady I wouldn't advise him to jump at that fight right away. Take a couple tune ups with big pressure guys then test it. Its more dangerous for him than it is for Chavez who knows what he can take into the late rounds.
      Dan Rafael on friday: "Top Rank will never make that fight. Coal will turn to diamonds first."

Comment

I actually would like to see that. JCC Jr's fatass probably can weather GGG's punches for 12 rounds and his body punching might be able to wear GGG down.

Probably wouldn't prove much for either fighter, but it'd be a good cracker.

Comment

Good for GGG and bad for Chavez Jr all bad for Chavez Jr.

Comment

People saying GGG wins are probably a bunch of homers.

I'm 100% positive JCCJR beats this hyped up russian. Chavez jr has a great chin. & a ruthless body attack Golovkin won't be able to deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by AM Boxing5 View Post
              People saying GGG wins are probably a bunch of homers.

I'm 100% positive JCCJR beats this hyped up russian. Chavez jr has a great chin. & a ruthless body attack Golovkin won't be able to deal with.
              So how was scrub Zbik able to deal with it, outlanding him near 2-1? Then got dominated and stopped by Sturm's jab. The guy gets Prius mileage out of stopping Andy "Bute Jr" Lee in 7, same as Vera.

Comment

Originally posted by studentofthegam View Post
                I never disputed that he has stoppages after the 5th. I said he gets tired and frustrated. Its not about underestimation either. I'm not going on resume at all either. I don't know what or who you're debating.

Chavez is big and can take punches. GGG is rather small and we really don't know how he'll react to a hard puncher late in fights. I think a fight with Chavez would be fun to watch but if I were handling Gennady I wouldn't advise him to jump at that fight right away. Take a couple tune ups with big pressure guys then test it. Its more dangerous for him than it is for Chavez who knows what he can take into the late rounds.
                When you say that Chavez can take a punch, you're going by who's he absorbed punishment from. Chavez has absorbed punishment from Lee/Rubio/Martinez, so it's safe to say he can take a punch, right? That's what I meant when I said fans are comparing their resumes. Golovkin hasn't faced any hard punchers or pressure fighters, so going by their resumes, it's safe to say that Chavez is more proven. Some fans are gonna choose him to win on the strength of his opposition.

You said that GGG becomes tired and frustrated if his opponent is still in front of him after a certain amount of time, and I wanna know what gave you that indication. He seems like a calm and collected customer in the ring to me.

Comment

Anybody who thinks Chavez has a chance have to be of the same group of people that thought he'd beat Martinez. Chavez can never fight anyone who is for real because he is crap...end of story.
                  Last edited by jaded; 01-28-2013, 06:10 PM.

Comment

Would love to see this fight but what are the chances this fight gets made?

Comment

Originally posted by pulpfriction View Post
                      would love to see this fight but what are the chances this fight gets made?
                      0.0%

Comment

Working...
                      X