Collapse
No announcement yet.

Whats Gloves should I get for a Punching Bag? Part 2 etc

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Get some $60 Ringside or Title heavy bag gloves. I mean, the title of the glove is "heavy bag glove." Get velcro. Don't over think these things, just get to work.

Comment

Man you guys who use 16+ oz sparring gloves on a heavy bag realize the bag is already padded right?

There's a reason "bag gloves" are the size of fight gloves or smaller. I see a lot of guys who just use wraps. How do you get any feedback punching through 3 ft of cotton, foam, leather, canvas, more foam?
      Last edited by Fr3$h; 06-10-2014, 06:14 PM.

Comment

I use 4 oz mma gloves on my bag and sometimes go bare fist for conditioning. Been training on the bag for almost 14 years now and haven't had a problem yet. I suggest find what feels comfortable and go with it.

Comment

Gloves from Everlast works best for practice.. i used 12oz as a starter and they worked fine for me.. It also kind of depends on how long your training session goes, because you can still strain your knuckles with boxing gloves on or off with or without hand wraps..

Comment

Originally posted by TheAuthority View Post
            Couple of points:

To develop power, you need to hit the bag with full power. Sooner or later you will damage your hands without adequate protection.

It doesn't matter what gloves you wear or how good the wrist protection is, if you don't land properly you will injure you wrists.
            Well said, I'd get some decent 16oz gloves with good padding and focus more on technique rather than brute power because that's when things go wrong.

Comment

I mainly use Lonsdale Pro Bag Mitts. Those have decent padding and are fairly light, no wrist support. The padding in my pair was broken trough in less than a year. But then again, they were around 20 bucks. With bag mitts the brand doesnt really matter i guess, they are all kind of the same.

Another pair i own are the hayabusa 10oz bag gloves. They have great wrist support and padding. those are expensive but the quality is top notch and they are very durable and comfy. those are kind of unique in terms of wrist support i guess. i believe rival has some double strap closing thingy which is supposed to have good wrist support as well, but not sure about that.

I also recently bought rival rb5 bag mitts, and they are great when focussing on technique, speed and combination punching. they feel great and quality is super. minimal padding, little bit of wrist support. those are unique, haven't seen any other brands making this type of glove. there's a video on youtube of russ anber praising them.

if you are concerned about your knuckles you could try the top ten superfight 3000 bag glove. fairly light and technical but excellent knuckle padding. expensive bag glove but great quality. caveat: those are small. even the largest size was to small for me and with wraps in could not make a proper fist which is a sure bet to get your hands ****ed.

i would have linked you up but, don't i have not enought posts ;-)

Comment

Working...
              X