No announcement yet.

The BWAA should change the TOTY award into the Freddie Roach award

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The BWAA should change the TOTY award into the Freddie Roach award

2014 was a good year, a lot better than his 2012 and 2013 campaign but he keeps racking up the accolades

Why in the world has Roger Mayweather never won this award when at one time he trained the best p4p female and male fighter at the same time. His nephew, and Laila Ali

Robert Garcia is top notch

Virgil Hunter helped revive Amir Khans Career and IMO may deserve comeback of the year

Nacho Beristein idk if he ever won one

I don't think Big Floyd ever won one either

Boxing has so many great trainer

He is a great trainer, don't get me wrong, but recently his stable isn't as impressive as it was 5 or more years ago....He had James Toney, Pacquaio, Israel Vazquez etc.

I THINK ITS A MIX OF HIS SUCCESS A MIST HIS AILING HEALTH CONDITIONS, AMERICA LOVES A FEEL GOOD STORY BUT THIS IS GETTING OLD HAND. HE IS A GREAT TRAINER BUT COME ON THEIR ARE OTHERS WHO AT LEAST SHOULD HAVE WON ONE OF THEIR TOTY AWARDS BY NOW

long story short, he's a cripple.

Comment

Robert Garcia did win it in 2012, Virgil Hunter won it in 2011.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Futch-Condon_Award

The Mayweathers never win it because Floyd is pretty much on auto-pilot.
      Last edited by Weebler I; 03-02-2015, 09:17 PM.

Comment

It's because he's mentally handicapped. Sort of like affirmative action for ******s

Comment

maybe someday when Roach passes away, it will be called Freddie Roach Award

Comment

Originally posted by cake_cake_cake View Post
            It's because he's mentally handicapped. Sort of like affirmative action for ******s
            ****ed up post.

Comment

Shouldn't be long now before you get the call from The BWAA for winning Internet forum poster of the year then partner..

Comment

You don't normally name awards after the living, though in cases such as Roach I could see it being done while he is alive but not until he has to retire.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  Shouldn't be long now before you get the call from The BWAA for winning Internet forum poster of the year then partner..
                  Clever girl

Comment

ROFL...that was a lil sick...but I like your style

Comment

Working...
                    X