• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
    Psychologically, fishnets will haunt De La Hoya

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      I doubt this KO will affect Manny the way Oscar thinks, he was KO'd and dropped many times in his early career, that is usually when it affects a fighter mentally and changes their style to be more cautious.

Pacquiao didn't change after those knockdowns and KO's and still continued to fight wild and aggressive.

The Post fight interview should give you an indicator of it, he was smiling and accepted the defeat. He wasn't like Ricky Hatton, all weak and depressed and self pity. Pacman even told Ariza why is everyone so sad? this is boxing stuff happens, people get caught and lose. Ariza was even shocked that Pacman wasn't even bothered by the KO, he said the only reason Pac feels bad is that people feel bad.

He said something to the tune of if you are scared to lose than don't fight.
      Pacquiao is not your typical fighter, he will be the same in his next fight he might even be more aggressive because he wanted to get back in the ring on April but he was suspended medically for 120 days, his chin might not be the same though.
      Those KO's didnt put him to sleep. This KO was different than anything he has ever felt. Look at the reaction of his wife, his team, and my reaction, was like many, where i thought he was dead so i dont think he will ever be the same but we will see.

Comment

Well you can't really go off the reaction of others because everyone was shocked, what we have to go off is his reaction, and what I saw was him smiling in the post fight interview like it was just another day at the office and **** happens, and his comment saying if you are scared to lose than don't fight. Pac already knows how to accept defeat and understand it's part of the sport.

Mentally he will be the same, But physically his chin may never be the same, I never seen a fighter come back from that type of KO and still have the same type of punch resistance.

Comment

Well you can't really go off the reaction of others because everyone was shocked, what we have to go off is his reaction, and what I saw was him smiling in the post fight interview like it was just another day at the office and **** happens, and his comment saying if you are scared to lose than don't fight. Pac already knows how to accept defeat and understand it's part of the sport.

Mentally he will be the same, But physically his chin may never be the same, I never seen a fighter come back from that type of KO and still have the same type of punch resistance.

I doubt it. Him smiling means little. He can easily be playing it off, many people do that. He can be smiling and then when he gets back into the ring, become totally more cautious than before. And if you believe that physically he won't be the same, then it's damn near impossible for him not to change mentally. When those punches hit and hurt more than before, his mental game changes automatically. Remember Tyson's saying.

Comment

I doubt this KO will affect Manny the way Oscar thinks, he was KO'd and dropped many times in his early career, that is usually when it affects a fighter mentally and changes their style to be more cautious.

Pacquiao didn't change after those knockdowns and KO's and still continued to fight wild and aggressive.

The Post fight interview should give you an indicator of it, he was smiling and accepted the defeat. He wasn't like Ricky Hatton, all weak and depressed and self pity. Pacman even told Ariza why is everyone so sad? this is boxing stuff happens, people get caught and lose. Ariza was even shocked that Pacman wasn't even bothered by the KO, he said the only reason Pac feels bad is that people feel bad.

Pacquiao is not your typical fighter, he will be the same in his next fight he might even be more aggressive because he wanted to get back in the ring on April but he was suspended medically for 120 days, his chin might not be the same though.
            Pacquiao's never been properly KO'd before, his first two were TKO's and were due to being very weight drained but he was still conscious when the fights were stopped, but Manny's never been stone cold unconscious before!

Comment

yeah.. pac said something like 'if you don't think you can lose in this sport, you picked the wrong sport.'

if his mentality after this KO is this, im sure he'll bounce back. w/ little or no effects.

Comment

Manny probably forgot he got KTFO just a lil while ago. He never saw the punch and was out instantly. Mentally, it should help Manny remember to keep his guard up when pressing for a KO. Other than that, I dont think it will affect him too mcuh.

Comment

Duran got knocked out and later went on to win the Middleweight title.. so I dont see the big deal

Comment

A lot of boxers seem to be saying the same thing but we would have to wait and see, Mentally a KO can be damaging but when you are famous like Pacquiao then it can be even more damaging/embarrassing.

Comment

Originally posted by Hot Shyt View Post
                      Duran got knocked out and later went on to win the Middleweight title.. so I dont see the big deal
                      comparing duran to pac is hilarious...........

the point is more times then not a fighter is not the same after a ko loss..........manny has been ko'd before but this is manny at his highest.

Comment

Working...
                      X