Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Dirrell Putting in Work With Mayweather Sr.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Photos: Andre Dirrell Putting in Work With Mayweather Sr.

Super middleweight contender Andre Dirrell (20-1, 14KOs) is training hard in Las Vegas with veteran coach Floyd Mayweather Sr. at Johnny Tocco’s Boxing Gym. Mayweather Sr. helped groom a young Floyd Mayweather Jr. and trained former champion Oscar De La Hoya for several years. Dirrell, in active since December 2012, is possibly going to return to action next month.

[Click Here To Read More]

I never really liked Dirrell's style or demeanor in the ring. He has a way of putting up a real stinker against opponents with any sort of come forward style & ties up too much etc

Comment

Originally posted by BoxngLove View Post
      I never really liked Dirrell's style or demeanor in the ring. He has a way of putting up a real stinker against opponents with any sort of come forward style & ties up too much etc
      dont they all?

Comment

So he's been inactive since 2012?!! i must be stuck in some sort of time warp.

Comment

crazy,Dirrell is signed with 50 who is beefin with floyd yet dirrell trains with his dad?

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
            dont they all?
            His performance against Abraham was a stinker? Unfortunately it ended the way it did, but Dirrell had put on a great performance until then. Also, who is "they"?...I think I know, but I want to see what you have to say about that one.

Comment

Dirrell does not have enough heart or killer instinct to be an elite...his athleticism can take hime far - as it already has, but he WILL get knocked if his matches arent taylor-made for him.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                crazy,Dirrell is signed with 50 who is beefin with floyd yet dirrell trains with his dad?
                Nothing new here. Floyd and Sr. are the epitome of the dysfunctional father/son combo.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr LarryX View Post
                  Dirrell and 50 approached Mayweather Sr. about training Dirrell long time ago, in the middle of the summer. This all was scheduled and planned before Mayweather Jr. even came out of jail. Also, Mayweather Sr. said recently that he wasn't even aware that 50 and his son had any problems.

Comment

Originally posted by radioraheem View Post
                    Dirrell and 50 approached Mayweather Sr. about training Dirrell long time ago, in the middle of the summer. This all was scheduled and planned before Mayweather Jr. even came out of jail. Also, Mayweather Sr. said recently that he wasn't even aware that 50 and his son had any problems.
                    good for dirrell imo...mayweather sr. i thought did good work with de la hoya, and dawson...end of the day, mayweather sr. is a trainer...why would he not train a fighter with the talent dirrell has...folks gotta leave the drama alone man...

Comment

Working...
                    X