Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Perfect Height for these weight divisions? What's your opinions? HW LHW SMW MW welter

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If you make weight , thats all that matters.

Comment

what the hell are these numbers based on?? aside from a select few successful fighters who fall inside your range? Give us science.

SMW- whatever height Andre Ward is
      WW- floyd mayweather's height
      Last edited by krimzon; 09-17-2012, 07:43 PM.

Comment

perfect height for every division=floyd mayweather's height

Comment

his numbers make no sense and he went out of the way to make a thread about it

Comment

Originally posted by chloelloyd View Post
            Heavyweight: 6'3
            Despite the last two great HW champions Wladimir and Lennox both being
            6'5-6'6, I actually think the perfect height will be someone like David Haye,
            6'3. I think at 6'3 you are big enough to not be dominated by a lot of the super heavys, but also not too big in that you can maintain your speed along with agility.

Light Heavy Weight: 6'1.

SMW: 6'2
            Lucian Bute imo got the perfect height and size. Sadly he lacked in a lot of other areas. Andre Ward imo is a bit on the small size for SMW.

MW: 6'1
            Jermain Taylor, Bernard Hopkins height seem perfect.

Welterweight: 6'1
            This is the one division in which I think a very tall, aggressive fighter with great boxing skills will be better then a average sized or smaller one.
            Being a 6'1-6'2 fighter like Hearns at the WW Division is devastating. At WW you can still be fast and agile at 6'0+

140 Division: 5'9
            Danny Garcia's 5'9 seem perfect
            There is no perfect height for each weight class. Why would 6'1 be perfect for 175 but 6'2 be right for the lighter 168 class? You have 6'1 as ideal for 147 but go down just 7 pounds and you think 4 inches shorter is just right. Hearns was great but he did lose to 5'9 Leonard at welterweight. Some great welterweights that are not 6'1 would also include Armstrong 5'5, Pacquiao[not a full welterweight] 5'6, Mayweather, 5'8,Robinson 5'11, Trinidad 5'11 and so many more. What about Tyson and Marciano at 5'11 and 5'10 or middleweights like Hagler and Dick Tiger, both 5'8 or Martinez at 5'10? There are many assets more important to a fighter than height.

Comment

the best height is 8'8, the opponent must go airborne to strike the face (which is illegal in boxing). Also, 8'8 guy will accumulate a big margin in points as a function of time due to accidental groin shots from the other fighter.

Comment

The ideal body for each weight class

HW - Wlad Klitschko
                CW - Steve Cunningham
                LHW - Chad Dawson
                MW - Bernard Hopkins
                WW - Felix Trinidad
                LW - Shane Mosley
                FeathW - Juanma Lopez
                BW - Joseph Agbeko
                FlyW - Vic Dachinyan

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post

his numbers make no sense and he went out of the way to make a thread about it
                  I'm not gonna call you out.
                  But I will like to say. Calm down, my Avatar is a joke.
                  Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-17-2012, 08:23 PM.

Comment

If you find my avater offensive. Don't rage like that in PM'S ok.

I'll change it but stop pming me like 20 times.
                    Last edited by chloelloyd; 09-17-2012, 08:24 PM.

Comment

There aint many 6+ft WWs! Only Paul Williams in recent memory.

I think 5'8" or thereabouts is fine at 147.

Comment

Working...
                      X