Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Warriors vs Manly...who you got and why?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The more I hear how and why Manly will win, convinces me more that they won't.

Watch this space.

Comment

Interesting graphic;

Timeline: The Sea Eagles' remarkable road to glory

2003 – Manly finish second last – Brett Stewart, Glenn Stewart & Anthony Watmough make their debut. Club stands alone after unsuccessful merger with North Sydney.

2004 – Manly finish third last – first year as coach for Des Hasler.

2005 – Ben Kennedy comes to the club with immediate impact, leading the side to its first finals series since 1998. Steve Matai makes his debut, Brent Kite joins from the Dragons.

2006 – Manly finish fifth, loses consecutive games to be bundled out of the finals. Michael Robertson joins from Raiders, Matt Orford & Steven Bell from Melbourne.

2007 – Melbourne defeat Manly in the grand final. Jamie Lyon returns from two-year stint with St Helens.

2008 – Manly wins the premiership with a 40-0 victory over the Melbourne Storm.

2009 – Manly beaten by premiers Melbourne in first week of finals (knocked out after finishing fifth).

2010 – Manly beaten by premiers St George Illawarra in first week of finals.

2011 – Manly v New Zealand in grand final.

In hindsight, the Sea Eagles consistency is scary, 3 grand finals appearances in 5 years.

Comment

Originally posted by The Realist View Post
        The more I hear how and why Manly will win, convinces me more that they won't.

Watch this space.
        Watched it. As expected.

Comment

That was a **** Grand Final.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
            Yeah, for the most part. The Warriors made it just a little interesting there for a short period but for the most part it was as expected and pretty ordinary. Mainly because Manly won it.

Comment

Originally posted by brently1979 View Post
              Agreed, the first half was especially awful.

Comment

Warriors played absoloute ****...really dissapointed as a Warriors fan and a fan of the game in general...I would cut off my Austar if it werent for PPV Boxing and the Rugby World Cup!!!
                Where were the big hits and offloads?...not bloody tiddly-winks Warriors!!!

Comment

Working...
                X