Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Billy Joe Saunders: I'll Do My Two Mandatories, Then a Big Fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
    That's not why Froch hasn't been made. It cause he retired after Chavez got smashed, and after Ggg had been pursuing him for like a year. He was still 168, that was no issue. Froch was very upfront about the issue at the time: "swerve him like the plague, punches like a mule, dangerous fight"
    Surely you recall the interview Froch gave with Loeffler where he says he would fight at 172. This occurred after the statement you refer to in which in context I don't even think he was talking about the likes of himself.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
      What "risks" are your favorite fighters taking? GGG signed to fight high risk, low reward Dmitry Pirog years ago. He was willing to fight that British dude for free just to get a title shot. He is taking more risks than anyone but you don't know what you're talking about. Froch and Chavez weren't going to be "drained" seeing as GGG was moving up to their damn weight classes. You have no idea what you're talking about.

I mean you're just dumb. Why waste my time? GGG needs the WBO belt to negotiate with Canelo? Wtf? He already has 3 belts so why would he need a 4th for negotiations? It's a chess move because they want the PPV pie to be bigger. The way to do that is not to have GGG have 4 belts against none. He would ALREADY be unified champ and the suspense is gone. But if Canelo has the WBO belt, then people will pay to see whoever wins become unified champ.

Is it a huge deal? No but I'm just saying GGG can get that 4th belt either from Saunders, or Canelo. It doesn't matter as long as the Canelo fight happens.

And what are you even saying? GGG needs to chase the WBO belt from Saunders? Well Saunders just said he's not ready for GGG so there you go. GGG is so damn good yet ANOTHER guy in his division is ducking him. How many is that now? He has to be one of the most ducked fighters of all time. That's how good his peers think he is. Actions speak louder than words. Whatever the haters say, the fact that all these champions keep ducking GGG shows what they really think of him: he is great.

And anyway, GGG-Jacobs is a way better fight than Saunders. I'm a GGG fan and I would like to see him finish the belts business at 160, but what I value most is great fights, and GGG-Jacobs is the better fight. Why would you criticize GGG for taking the best fight especially when he doesn't have a choice since Saunders already said he wouldn't fight GGG yet? Since Saunders won't fight him, since Ramirez still ain't ready at 168, Jacobs is his only option. But you'll still hate on him because you're a GGG hater. It's okay for Jacobs and all these guys to duck GGG, but instead of criticizing them, you criticize GGG. It's insane. What is your bias exactly because you clearly got one.
      Didn't read your book. In my view that's the waste of your time. All those words to say what? Respond to a point I didn't make? Accuse me of being a hater to qualify your lengthy lack of substance reply. K2 and Trip have said they want all the belts. The only way they get the WBO is to fight Saunders or beat Alvarez if he gets it before they fight him. What's holding up the Alvarez fight? Money. If Alvarez gets the WBO belt before a contract is signed, what leverage will K2 and Trip have in negotiations? Chess...meaning positioning yourself to make multiple moves. K2 has not done that thus far.

Here is how simple you are...you bring up a risk you feel K2 and Trip were willing to take years ago when the topic is whether they will take a risk between now and fighting Alvarez.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
        This would be reasonable except you use false hypothesis to maintain your hatred of GGG. Your whole argument is based on a lie that Jacobs is getting offered less to fight GGG than he made vs Quillin. That is total bull****. I don't know if you know it's bull**** but you say it anyway so you have an excuse to claim Jacobs isn't really ducking, or if you just believed something you read, but it's bull****.

These are the facts. Jacobs is being offered a career high payday to fight GGG. Not just a career high payday, but he is being offered more than he is worth financially, given that he couldn't even sellout half of his hometown venue, Barclays, against another hometown star, Quillin.

Those are facts. Jacobs is being offered fair money, and a career high payday. MEANING, if Jacobs does not fight GGG, it is a blatant duck, and you need to put the pressure on JACOBS to not duck guys in his division, rather than continue to criticize GGG for being ducked.

Another fact? The top guy at 168, Ramirez, has said, or his promoter said, that he's not ready to fight GGG until next year. So once again, you should be asking why even the best guy at 168 is still not ready to fight a middleweight. What is it about GGG that even guys a division above him need tuneups before fighting him? Even Ward wanted tuneups to fight ggg EVEN THOUGH GGG WAS THE ONE MOVING UP TO HIS WEIGHT CLASS!

Like if Ward was moving down to 160 to fight GGG, tuneups to get used to the weight would at least make some sense. Or Ward moving up to 175, he got his tuneups. But what is it about GGG that even though GGG was moving to Ward's weight class, it was Ward demanding tuneups first, not GGG?

Like why don't you ever ask that question lol? I just don't get it. What is it about GGG that the other top name at 168, Carl Froch, said to swerve GGG like the plague? That's a dude who walks around 30-40 pounds heavier than GGG, who has a big reach advantage, but he's saying to swerve GGG like the plague?

Like honestly do you not see these things? What is going to take for you to give this man credit? Let's just look at the facts:

• #1 at 168 all those years, Andre Ward, wouldn't fight GGG, the smaller man, without two tuneups first.
        • #1 at 168 NOW, Gilberto Ramirez, his promoter says Ramirez won't be ready for GGG until next year.
        • #2 at 168 during Ward's reign, Carl Froch, said to swerve GGG like the plague
        • #2 and #3 at 168, Jack and Degale, never called out GGG all this time until they saw him look vulnerable against Brook.

So why can't you just be fair man? I want to see GGG go up to 168 too, but you assume those top names want to take the risk any more than the top guys at 160. Why do you assume that? Just look at the track record. All of them had reservations about fighting GGG the last few years, too. Maybe in 2017 when GGG is 35 years old, which is ALWAYS past prime for offensive fighters, these guys will step up. It sounds like it. But you can't just ignore how even the guys at 168 have not wanted to fight GGG until now. Now the risk is less with GGG getting old, and the money is better with GGG being more well known, so you will see it. But before, even the top guys at 168 didn't want to fight him. So why do you hold that against GGG?
        When did Ramirez become the top guy at 168? When did it become a requirement for the bigger guy to call out the smaller guy? Haven't the guys at 168 just simply answered questions about Trip when asked? Seems like most folks you call haters are simply saying...it's not enough to continue the narrative that no one wants to fight Trip. We want to see him fight someone with skill that isn't a welterweight. So far in the last 18 months all we have gotten is theoretical down the road fight proposals.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
          What, 2019??
          That he wanted 2 mandatories before a big fight. Hopefully he loses by then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Raonic View Post
            That he wanted 2 mandatories before a big fight. Hopefully he loses by then.
            So you've exaggerated.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ake-Dawg View Post
              Surely you recall the interview Froch gave with Loeffler where he says he would fight at 172. This occurred after the statement you refer to in which in context I don't even think he was talking about the likes of himself.
              Whats this crap? Froch was retired and wanting some attention, while Ggg was mando for the biggest fight in boxing. When Froch was active and fighting at 168, he was offered a fight at 168 in the UK, said we'll swerve him like the plague

Comment

Whats this crap? Froch was retired and wanting some attention, while Ggg was mando for the biggest fight in boxing. When Froch was active and fighting at 168, he was offered a fight at 168 in the UK, said we'll swerve him like the plague
                The swerve statement came with a we don't need him statement. Not sure it was a I'm afraid of him statement. There were talks subsequent to that statement that you are overlooking. Fortunately for us, they just posted an NSB article where Froch speaks to this very discussion.
                Last edited by Ake-Dawg; 12-07-2016, 05:29 AM.

Comment

Please also don't fail to acknowledge that Loeffler mentioned Chavez and Froch in any interview he could when asked about potential opponents back in 2015. Why lay it on Froch as being attention hungry.

Comment

• Originally posted by robertzimmerman View Post
                    So you've exaggerated.
                    I'm keeping up with current trends.

Comment

• This guy is never fighting GGG or Canelo. Haha. It's a shame, though. He'd be a good fight for either one. Between him and Fury, the UK is disappointing. Of course, Frampton and Joshua will have to hold things up for a while.

Comment

Working...
                      X