Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, is Kahn deserving of a Floyd fight now?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, is Kahn deserving of a Floyd fight now?

4 wins in a row, two against past prime fighters and one to a top welter in Alexander. He impressed me with the shutout win last night. Not sure if I'm excited to see him and Floyd fight. Thoughts?

He'a almost there. I feel like he needs to beat Thurman or Brook before we can pressure for a Floyd fight. Thurman because of his punching power and we've yet ti see the extent of his skill. It would be a great test for both. And Brook due to the rivalry. I think Brook washes Khan easy. He has the poise, timing, power, and lack of respect needed to beat Khan. Thurman to me looks unsure of himself and may fold under the pressure. But if he hits Khan "One Time" its over. Those are his biggest tests at welter besides Manny and Floyd. He beats either and he's real.

Comment

He is a top 10 ww not a bad fight if arum keeping putting up road blocks

Comment

Yes I would say he is.

There's a funny thing going on with Khan, as if he has to do triple the amount of everyone else to get a shot at Mayweather. In all honesty, Maidana, Ortiz, Guerrero and even Canelo did not have better resumes than Khan does.

People are saying Khan can win against Mayweather. Nobody said that before Guerrero, Ortiz and Maidana.

Comment

Khan has earned the chance and I agree with Paulie, his speed and style will prove difficult for Mayweather.

Comment

He definitely was not deserving of a Mayweather fight before because he had never defeated a top 10 world rated welterweight. Now he does deserve a Mayweather fight because he won every round with ease over a top 10 world rated welterweight. Khan looked great. I have no problem with him fighting Mayweather now but I would not have liked it if he had fought Mayweather before this because he had not earned the fight.

Comment

Sure, he sold me on it last night. He KOs Mayweather, that's why Floyd will duck him after he ducks Pacquiao.

Comment

If no floyd-manny, then either khan or cotto at 160 are the only fights I would want to see floyd in..

Comment

I would still like to see Amir defeat another top 10 ww such as Porter or Guerrero first but i would not be mad if the fight happened next in May.

Amir looked pretty impressive to me in his domination of a really solid welterweight in Devon Alexander.

Comment

Originally posted by Deeznuts View Post
                    4 wins in a row, two against past prime fighters and one to a top welter in Alexander. He impressed me with the shutout win last night. Not sure if I'm excited to see him and Floyd fight. Thoughts?
                    I don't know if Khan is deserving or not but I'm not excited about him fighting Floyd.I think I have just seen Khan gold too many times under pressure. He will just dance with Floyd all night. It will be a glorified exhibition.

Comment

Working...
                    X