Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Oh dear.....
    Coward

Comment

• I would love to see this fight. GGG has never had his chin tested, and what better way to have it tested against one of the biggest punchers pfp in the sport. If Quillin was an under dog, I would throw a few dollars down on him. I think he's the harder puncher.

Comment

• What i am getting from the interview is that he's saying let the fight build up, because it could be a blockbuster fight down the road if both continue to win and the fans and network are still behind it. However, at the moment, the risk is too much and the financial backing is not there yet. As a fan of the sport we have all right to be disappointed, but from a business perspective, it makes sense.

It could also backfires on them, in that someone could lose horribly and the prospect of the fight gets severely diminished, but i guess it is a risk they are willing to take.

Comment

• When done properly for the sports best interests "boxing IS a risky business"!

Its ALL about risks, health first, business second and family & friends third!
          If you don't take some risks during a fight your most likely cheating the sport and yourself!

The same is true in businiss you need to be calculating but that needs to be understood. Risks goes with individuals skills also I'm not advocating recklous abandon you need to be under control but there comes a time when your conditioning must be tested to the max, thats why the great fighters get in trememdous shape! To utilize that conditioning!!! Ray.

Comment

• Originally posted by slicksouthpaw16 View Post
            I would love to see this fight. GGG has never had his chin tested, and what better way to have it tested against one of the biggest punchers pfp in the sport. If Quillin was an under dog, I would throw a few dollars down on him. I think he's the harder puncher.
            He's never been down as an amateur (350 fights) and as a pro. Plus he took couple of flush shots from Proksa who has legit power.

I would say that Quillin has never had his chin tested.

Comment

• When Gamboa want it to fight Lopez, almost every Juanma fan want the fight to be "marinated", Rigondeaux was going after Donaire the same $h1t, who he has fought, he should fight this and that, Lara is been chasing Ginger and he hasn't enough credentials to fight a guy that until two weeks ago has only fight JWW, and now Quillin is catching fire because he is naive enough to say the truth, my question is did we asked GGG what he wants?

Comment

• You guys are still misinterpreting what Quillin is saying, and I think that you guys are doing it on purpose too. Nobody is scared of GG...NOBODY! Why the **** would you even believe that BS? Fighters want to achieve, win and make ****ing money. Damn!

Comment

• Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
                  Didn't Golovkin punish him in sparring?
                  I heard he knocked Quillin out of the ring.

Originally posted by Szef99 View Post
                  He's never been down as an amateur (350 fights) and as a pro. Plus he took couple of flush shots from Proksa who has legit power.

I would say that Quillin has never had his chin tested.
                  Quillin got hit flush by a big right hand from N'dam who is a good puncher, took it well.

Comment

• He's absolutely right and that's the catch 22 of the situation. Golovkin doesn't have a name so those with names won't fight him, yet, if they don't fight him, he'll never make a name. Tough predicament

Comment

• Originally posted by DoktorSleepless View Post
                      I disagree. I like that he's being honest. I respect that more than the bull**** excuses he's given before. The subject will come up and it's better than him lying through his teeth.

i appreciate the honesty as well, but other fighters plead the fifth and it leaves them in a better light. that's just an opinion.

peter quillin doesn't handle his career, anyway. goldenboy and al haymon do that. very few fighters ever reach a position to be able to guide their own careers, or even pick and choose from a list of opponents.

Comment

Working...
                      X