No announcement yet.

Bad Losers in the ring and in life

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Bad Losers in the ring and in life

These are two of the worst! Are there any equal?

Clifford Etienne
    Originally convicted of armed robbery and sentenced to 40 years in prison before being released and becoming a professional boxer.
    Convicted again in March 2006 of attempted murder and several other charges. Etienne stole more than $1900 from a check-cashing business in August 2005, and then stole a car with two children inside before crashing it. When police responded to the scene, Etienne tried to shoot them but his gun jammed. On June 22nd 2006, he was sentenced to 150 years in prison without the possibility of parole.

James Butler
    Butler started off his career by scoring 18 wins and only 1 loss in the supermiddleweight division. This led to a title fight against Sven Ottke who beat Butler by unanimous decision.

Butler's next bout earned him infamy on November 23, 2001 at the Roseland Ballroom in Manhattan, New York. The bout was a charity event to benefit surviving New York firemen and police officers of the September 11, 2001 terrorist attacks in New York City. After losing by unanimous decision to Richard "The Alien" Grant, Butler had his gloves removed and went to Grant's side of the ring for an expected exchange of congratulations. Suddenly, Butler hit the unsuspecting Grant with a right hook to the jaw. Grant suffered a temporarily dislocated jaw and a lacerated tongue that required 26 stitches. Butler was arrested and charged with aggravated assault. Butler was later convicted and served four months at Riker's Island detention facility.

Later Butler was taken in by Sam Kellerman, the brother of Max Kellerman, as Sam Kellerman was trying to help Butler get back on his feet. After some time Sam Kellerman told Butler he has to move out so Butler snuck up behind Sam and killed him with a hammer to the back of the head. For the murder, Butler was sentenced to 29 years, four months in prison.
    Last edited by TBear; 05-31-2011, 05:03 PM.

Max Kellerman's brother was killed by a boxer?

I did not know that, WOW.

Comment

Originally posted by fitefanSHO View Post
      Max Kellerman's brother was killed by a boxer?

I did not know that, WOW.
      Yes I remember Butler when he was fighting. He appeared on espn2 alot and Max(worked as studio analyst was always praising him). Butler was somewhat limited but had alot of power. In the Grant bout which was also televised by ESPN2, Richard Grant outboxed Butler but after the decision was announced and Grant went to shake hands with Butler, Butler coldcocked him with a bare fist. It was a bad end the the charity based card and Butler was arrested on the scene for the disgusting act.
      I feel for the Kellerman's because they gave this punk a chance and Butler blew it in the worst way.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
        Yes I remember Butler when he was fighting. He appeared on espn2 alot and Max(worked as studio analyst was always praising him). Butler was somewhat limited but had alot of power. In the Grant bout which was also televised by ESPN2, Richard Grant outboxed Butler but after the decision was announced and Grant went to shake hands with Butler, Butler coldcocked him with a bare fist. It was a bad end the the charity based card and Butler was arrested on the scene for the disgusting act.
        I feel for the Kellerman's because they gave this punk a chance and Butler blew it in the worst way.
        James Butler disgusts me. Literally disgusts me.

If his low act after the Grant fight wasn't enough he goes and murders someone who takes him in to give him a second chance.

I despise that man.

Comment

I remember when he punched his opponent out after the fight but I didn't know he killed Max's brother, that's just crazy.

Comment

Two sick MFers for sure

Poet

Comment

two tremendous talents here

but both men had somer SERIOUS issues

not the bs middle class "anger management" type **** that comes from your parents not whipping your ass when you throw a tantrum in your youth

i'm talking about issues
              real ones that effect their reality and have serious consequences for the people around them

ike ibeabuchi
              edwin valero

Comment

Tony Ayala Jr

On January 1, 1983, Ayala burglarized the home of his neighbor, a young schoolteacher, and brutally sexually assaulted her. Although he was only 19 years old, Ayala had already been convicted twice of assaults against women. He had been given probation for these offenses. Under a repeat offender's law, he was sentenced to 35 years in prison. The prosecutor at trial argued the young boxer should serve the full term because he was a danger to the community. Released 16 years later

Ayala was paroled from prison in 1999 and resumed his boxing career, winning six high profile fights, all by knockout. An eliminator against hard hitting ex-champ Yori Boy Campas brought an end to his unlikely comeback, a hand injury caused Ayala to quit on his stool after 8 rounds. His troubles with the law continued. In 2000, he was shot in the shoulder by a young woman after breaking into her home. He received probation and a brief jail term for this offense. In 2003, Ayala was charged with having sex with a thirteen year old girl, but the charges were dismissed when the girl said she lied about it. Finally, in 2004 Ayala was sentenced to ten years in prison when found speeding, without a driving license and with heroin and porrnnography in his possession.

He has since been released from prison on 16th November 2010.

(Hide your daughters)

Mike Tyson

Raped a beauty queen, bit off a chunk of Evander Holyfield's ear.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  two tremendous talents here

but both men had somer SERIOUS issues

not the bs middle class "anger management" type **** that comes from your parents not whipping your ass when you throw a tantrum in your youth

i'm talking about issues
                  real ones that effect their reality and have serious consequences for the people around them

ike ibeabuchi
                  edwin valero
                  Totally agree.Im actually on youtube watching the Valero maxboxing documentary right now he such amzing talent but it wasnt until the Demarco fight he showed how good he was before that he was just bulldozing opponents out of it without using any of his skills

Comment

Michael Nunn

On August 6, 2002, at a hotel in his hometown of Davenport, Iowa, Nunn was arrested after paying an undercover agent $200 for one kilogram of cocaine, which had a street value of $24,000. In May 2003, He pleaded guilty to one count of conspiracy to distribute cocaine. The following January, Nunn was sentenced to 292 months in federal prison by U.S. District Judge William Gritzer, who agreed to a higher sentencing guideline after considering Nunn's long history in drug trafficking and the likelihood he used a firearm during drug deals.

During the three-day sentencing hearing, prosecutors called witnesses who testified about Nunn's drug activity dating back to 1993. Nunn, who accepted responsibility for buying drugs in August 2002, denied his involvement in drug trafficking. He pointed out that several of the witnesses were in prison and could have their sentences reduced for providing testimony.

Nunn, who was defiant throughout the hearing, accused government lawyers of lying and scheming against him. "You guys haven't shown me nothing," Nunn said in his statement to the judge. "Where are your facts, Mr. Prosecutor?"

Nunn is now inmate number 11772-030 at the United States Penitentiary (USP) in Leavenworth, Kansas. His scheduled release date is June 16, 2024.

Comment

Working...
                    X