Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Are people still doubting Pacquiao's boxing skills?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by straightleft View Post
    Don't worry. This video says it all.

Damn his technique and defense is terrible. But when you're supremely conditioned you get away with a lot and I mean A LOT.

That song is terrible too.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post
      What those grazing punches and uppercuts that Pacman was able to brace for that he saw coming?

Anyone could take those punches if they braced themselves.

Pacman had a great chin at 126, JMM hit him flush there and never even hurt him bad, at 147 JMM drops him like a potato sack and puts him to sleep, that was the first time Pacman was hit by a legit power punch at 147.
      actually pac got caught with a clean left i believe from cotto in the 2nd round? that made manny tapped his gloves lol. u know when he does that it means he acknownledge the punch that landed on him. and i thought manny has no defense? first its manny gets hit way too often he has no defense so he's gonna get knocked out then next its manny was nevetr hit flush yet fighting at WW, lol.. make up ya mind.

Comment

Originally posted by TheHolyCross View Post
        bradley

when has floyd outboxed someone he hasn't had a big speed advantage over?
        he had to turn into a "punching bag" vs judah
        1) "Punching bag" Floyd did outbox Judah. He clearly won 8 rounds.

2) Manny didn't outbox Bradley, he overwhelmed him with superior handspeed. Not the same.

3) Last time Floyd outboxed someone who wasn't much slower than him? Ortiz. Guerrero wasn't exactly slow either.

4) No answer to my point about Marquez. Wonder why...

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
          ****ing Mike Alvarado looked like whitaker against Rios

if Manny was great boxer he wouldn't jump into so many of the same punches like all the time
          nobody is saying that manny is this master at boxing?? but his boxing skills gets overlooked.

Comment

Originally posted by soul_survivor View Post
            Pac is closer to the SRL or SRR school of boxing than anyone I've seen in a long time.
            You can't be serious. I'm not saying Pac is a bad boxer. I think he has terrible technique but makes up for it with un conventional thinking and honestly his supreme conditioning let's him get away with A LOT. Not a terrible boxer just not a very good one.

But to say the his style and his craft is the closest to SRL and SRR is completely absurd. When they're reflexes started failing them. Their boxing IQ held on tight. When Pacquiao natural athletic ability leaves HIM he's done for. I'm sorry but that has to be one of the worst statements I've read in a while. And again I'm not saying Pacquiao is a terrible boxer but he isn't a good one either. He is just a supremely Conditioned athletic specimen.

Comment

Originally posted by Jloro View Post
              Yeah he outboxed the **** out of Brandon Rios... lol but who knows this a a pretty even fight this time
              Someone who lost 10 rounds of the last fight and is an even fight that's amazing you came to this conclusion

Comment

There's a difference between fundamentals and skills. Pac's fundamentals are terrible, but his skills are exceptional. If he didn't have skill he wouldn't have survived against bigger fighters, let alone beat the **** out of them.

He's like Roy in that his fundamentals aren't good, but their unconventional style is their advantage. If you tried to make them more conventional, it would hurt them.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                  There's a difference between fundamentals and skills. Pac's fundamentals are terrible, but his skills are exceptional. If he didn't have skill he wouldn't have survived against bigger fighters, let alone beat the **** out of them.

He's like Roy in that his fundamentals aren't good, but their unconventional style is their advantage. If you tried to make them more conventional, it would hurt them.
                  I don't think he's an exceptionally skilled fighter but he is definitely skilled.

Comment

Originally posted by Black Barty View Post
                    1) "Punching bag" Floyd did outbox Judah. He clearly won 8 rounds.

2) Manny didn't outbox Bradley, he overwhelmed him with superior handspeed. Not the same.

3) Last time Floyd outboxed someone who wasn't much slower than him? Ortiz. Guerrero wasn't exactly slow either.

4) No answer to my point about Marquez. Wonder why...
                    1) floyd pressured judah, every round he came forward and was consistenly thorwing, backing up judah, plenty of moments with judah on a corner and being teed off on the inside, when he threw a punch he fell forward and stood there, not boxing

2) if pacquiao didn't outbox bradley and it was just a handspeed advantage, then floyd never outboxed anyone either, it is just a handspeed and lenght advantage

3)ortiz is slow, guerrero is VERY slow

4) pacquiao isn't the type to sit back and have a potshot match, but he can potshot marquez to all hell as shown in the 3rd and 4th with lead lefts, but he is always looking to land something bigger

Comment

its only normal for stupid fan boys to accept the notion that sluggers do not have the "skill" but thats just stupid. and what technique this stupid fanboys are talking about, if you know yur strength and believe in your capability you only need to deliver it so it can make a difference ergo speed + power how do you deliver that?

.... precisely that what i am talking about!

somebody quote a video when bradley was being pummeled yet cannot counter a meaningful shot concluding the technique of pacquiao is terrible, what a stupid comment.

Comment

Working...
                      X