Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golovkins time in this sport

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yea that`s why he got hit no more than 10 solid shots where he was moving forward the whole time. You guys dont know ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
      He is small though, dude got blown out by Angulo in 2 rounds. Not height wise but you could easily tell by his body frame.
      He got hit by a shot that he never saw coming and never recovered from. Golovkin sliced that dude up and bloodied him with his jab.
      Yea he's bigger in weight, but Rosado made it clear that it didn't mean shit to him.
      I knew he probably wouldn't use it as an excuse after... but people will here.

Comment

Originally posted by hougigo View Post
        He got hit by a shot that he never saw coming and never recovered from. Golovkin sliced that dude up and bloodied him with his jab.
        Yea he's bigger in weight, but Rosado made it clear that it didn't mean shit to him.
        I knew he probably wouldn't use it as an excuse after... but people will here.

And? He still took him out in 2.

GGG was much bigger and stronger, he was pushing Rosado around the ring like nothing when they got in close.r

Lopez was taller than Canelo by 1/2 inch, both weighed the same at 154.

Comment

Pirog might trash Golovkin. GG marks up easy, he can be hit by a committed puncher, and imo was stunned by a smallish Rosado. GG got the win, but don't tell me that you didn't see any defensive flaws in GG. Foh!

Comment

Originally posted by Frank Ducketts View Post
            Pirog might trash Golovkin. GG marks up easy, he can be hit by a committed puncher, and imo was stunned by a smallish Rosado. GG got the win, but don't tell me that you didn't see any defensive flaws in GG. Foh!
            Every fighter has flaws though...? Like Ward says, every fighter is beatable too. Boxing isn't just about defence anyway, it would be a very boring sport to watch if it was.

A heavy puncher can get to Golovkin but they need speed and movement too and I'm not sure anyone in the division has that combination. Is Martinez as powerful at 160? I don't think so but I'd still pick him to win.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
              Every fighter has flaws though...? Like Ward says, every fighter is beatable too. Boxing isn't just about defence anyway, it would be a very boring sport to watch if it was.

A heavy puncher can get to Golovkin but they need speed and movement too and I'm not sure anyone in the division has that combination. Is Martinez as powerful at 160? I don't think so but I'd still pick him to win.
              I immediately thought to myself that Pirog could ko GG. Golovkin will still be a tough out, but he can be hit. There is a difference between being hit by a good fighter, and a world class fighter.

Comment

It's easy to spot the guys on NSB who can't spot the subtle things fighters do in the ring. Golovkin did everything he was supposed to do technically while fighting a guy constantly on the back foot and trying to slip punches.

Comment

We've seen defensive flaws since the Ouma fight (you probably haven't watched that fight either since it wasn't on HBO) so what? Plenty of great fighters had defensive flaws, in fact the majority of ATGs do.

I immediately thought to myself that Pirog could ko GG. Golovkin will still be a tough out, but he can be hit. There is a difference between being hit by a good fighter, and a world class fighter.
                  Pirog has looked less than stellar in his last two performances. But again, they weren't on HBO so I can't expect casual fans to have seen them.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
                    We've seen defensive flaws since the Ouma fight (you probably haven't watched that fight either since it wasn't on HBO) so what? Plenty of great fighters had defensive flaws, in fact the majority of ATGs do.

Pirog has looked less than stellar in his last two performances. But again, they weren't on HBO so I can't expect casual fans to have seen them.
                    The greats didn't show flaws against guys a level lower than themselves. They showed their flaws against other great fighters. Flaws is a terrible boxing word. Never liked the word.

Comment

The greats didn't show flaws against guys a level lower than themselves.
                      Of course they did. Are we watching the same sport?

Comment

Working...
                      X