Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao Accepts May 5th Date, Arum Yet to Respond to Official Statement

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao Accepts May 5th Date, Arum Yet to Respond to Official Statement

Floyd calls out Manny through twitter, calling him a punk and challenged him to a May 5th date. Arum responds and states fight will not take place on May 5th. Michael Knocz, advisor to Manny Pacquiao, states that it doesn’t make economic sense to have the fight on the May 5th because the fight will draw more revenue if it took place in an outdoor stadium. What does Pacquiao say about this?

Last night on Pacquiao’s official website we received an official statement from Manny Pacquiao himself on Floyd’s proposed May 5th date. It states:

Manny Pacquiao agrees to fight May 5th.

“To all of my fans…Mayweather just needs to agree to and accept a 50 percent split, and if he does, then the fight will go through. He’s the one who needs to agree,”

“He’s the one who has to say yes. The reason is because he talks to a lot of people. He has a lot of representatives. If he takes the fight, he can make $50-to-60 million. That’s how much he can make.”

“I want to fight him. This is the fight the world wants. Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse, so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee,” said Pacquiao.

“I don’t have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse. If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis.”1

This statement is interesting because it seems to go counter to what his promoter and advisors are telling the public. Perhaps Pacquiao is listening to his fans and is willing to give them what they want. Maybe there’s some dissent amongst Pacquiao’s camp. However, now that an official statement has been posted on Pacquiao’s official website, it appears that the ball is back in Mayweather’s court, and Bob Arum’s.

Hopefully this cloudy drama leads to one clear conclusion, the fight that everyone wants to see.

http://www.*************.com/headlin...ial-statement/

Originally posted by Tjrjr View Post
    Floyd calls out Manny through twitter, calling him a punk and challenged him to a May 5th date. Arum responds and states fight will not take place on May 5th. Michael Knocz, advisor to Manny Pacquiao, states that it doesn’t make economic sense to have the fight on the May 5th because the fight will draw more revenue if it took place in an outdoor stadium. What does Pacquiao say about this?

Last night on Pacquiao’s official website we received an official statement from Manny Pacquiao himself on Floyd’s proposed May 5th date. It states:

Manny Pacquiao agrees to fight May 5th.

“To all of my fans…Mayweather just needs to agree to and accept a 50 percent split, and if he does, then the fight will go through. He’s the one who needs to agree,”

“He’s the one who has to say yes. The reason is because he talks to a lot of people. He has a lot of representatives. If he takes the fight, he can make $50-to-60 million. That’s how much he can make.”

“I want to fight him. This is the fight the world wants. Mayweather wants a guaranteed purse, so what he has to do is get a promoter who can give him the guarantee,” said Pacquiao.

“I don’t have problems getting a guarantee because I have a promoter who will give me my guaranteed purse. If he gets a guarantee, then we are going to share the revenue on a 50-50 basis.”1

This statement is interesting because it seems to go counter to what his promoter and advisors are telling the public. Perhaps Pacquiao is listening to his fans and is willing to give them what they want. Maybe there’s some dissent amongst Pacquiao’s camp. However, now that an official statement has been posted on Pacquiao’s official website, it appears that the ball is back in Mayweather’s court, and Bob Arum’s.

Hopefully this cloudy drama leads to one clear conclusion, the fight that everyone wants to see.

http://www.*************.com/headlin...ial-statement/
    I sense this is another lie coming from that politician? How can Floyd make almost the same amount in a Pacquiao fight that he made against Ortiz?

Comment

Where does he say he agreed to May 5th?

Comment

Is this for real, this time??

Comment

Originally posted by thiefery View Post
          Is this for real, this time??
          Of course its not. Bob Arum wont even return calls that GBP made concerning the negotiations: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ldGMUlpSzWM

Comment

Pac needs to separate himself from top rank...

Comment

Can someone translate this video please (Title says Manny Pacquiao agrees to May 5).
              http://www.mp8.ph/videos/videos.php?id=1121

Comment

Originally posted by cortdawg25 View Post
                Where does he say he agreed to May 5th?
                on his website

http://www.mp8.ph/news/official-stat...ay-5th-3/13062

Comment

This was posted a lot last night and was credited for having an misleading title. Pac says nothing about May 5th. It was journalistic embellishment when they put it in the title, or that's what was being said last night.

Comment

Manny Pacquiao need not concern himself with who's representing Floyd. He need not talk about his guarantee. He need not try to make it seem as if Floyd has to agree. Everything has been agreed to before so what makes Manny think we have to bite his bs? He needs to worry about what he's going to be facing if he does actually have the heart in there. He needs to prepare his face to get punched in. He needs to prepare himself by pouring small cups of water over his head to simulate the feeling of blood streaming down his face. He's scared of cuts. Floyd will make him bleed.

Comment

Working...
                    X