No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: The End of an Era, as Dawson Takes Over 175 Throne

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: The End of an Era, as Dawson Takes Over 175 Throne

by David P. Greisman - Cleaner is better.

Bernard Hopkins is the master of dirty tricks, of head butts and low blows thrown in with thrown punches, a master of grabbing and mauling and doing everything he can to make sure his opponent can’t.

But what Hopkins doesn’t always do enough of is land clean punches himself. And instead of allowing Hopkins’ tactics to take him out of the fight, Chad Dawson weathered the dirty stuff and let his clean punching speak for itself.

That mindset, successfully implemented, has made Dawson the new light heavyweight champion of the world, the winner of a majority decision over Hopkins in front of an announced 7,705 people at Boardwalk Hall in Atlantic City.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Except for the acromioclavicular nonsense where the writer momentarily slipped into his "Fighting Words" pedantics, this was a very good reprt, covering everything giving a word picture of the fight. I didn't see it on TV but saw it through the report.

Comment

Bernard Hopkins is the biggest cry baby in boxing. He should take his defeat like a man. He's too slick for his own good.

He's has the ugliest style of boxing known to the sport. His nickname should be Bernard "The Rabbit" Hopkins instead of the executioner lol. I hope this windbag retires already. The biggest con artist in boxing.

No body likes a cry baby.

Comment

Hopkins tried to "con" a victory, while Dawson did not impress me much.

Comment

Just thinking of the headline. It wasn't much of a Hopkins era, pretty short.

Comment

Originally posted by edgarg View Post
            Just thinking of the headline. It wasn't much of a Hopkins era, pretty short.
            Hopkins has been considered among the world's elite fighters and a probable ATG from 2001 to 2012. Eleven years is a pretty long era by any normal person's standards.

Comment

The Era of Dawson has begun.

Like the era of Jermain Taylor Begun.

Lets hope Chad's post-Hopkin's career turns out better.

Comment

Originally posted by Casual_Fan View Post
                Hopkins tried to "con" a victory, while Dawson did not impress me much.
                It's hard to be impressive when you have two cuts in your eyes, none the less he fought his heart out and still won convincingly.

Comment

Originally posted by Dave Rado View Post
                  Hopkins has been considered among the world's elite fighters and a probable ATG from 2001 to 2012. Eleven years is a pretty long era by any normal person's standards.
                  pretty sure he was talking about his light heavy era, which started in 2006, still a pretty long time tho. i dont know where bernard hopkins goes from here cuz there aren't a lot of names @ light heavyweight

he said he would fight bute, i would love to see that one. he should go with cloud, catchweight with bute, and then retire cuz i think saturday night proved he can still hang around with top name guys

Comment

Dawson choked against Pascal
                    wouldn't be surprised if he choked against Cloud, who has better stamina
                    and Ward would beat Dawson too
                    Dawson is good, but rather bland
                    don't see him having much of an "era" of his own

Comment

Working...
                    X