No announcement yet.

why manny pacquiao is a counter-punchers worst nightmare

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
    Being bigger than them and pressuring them. If you're smaller, pressuring a counterpuncher will be little to no help, it will actually help the counter puncher because you will give him openings. Even a bigger guy who's pressuring, will be leaving himself open to counters.

You have to be bigger and stronger and have decent defense.

The last counter puncher Pacquiao fought was Marquez. And Marquez defense is not A+. So I don't know how Pacquiao is a counterpuncher's worst nightmare, when the last counterpuncher Pacquiao fought, arguably beat him.

If Pacquiao fights Mayweather with pressure, you will see off the first bell,it's a bad idea. Mayweather is the bigger man, he's fast, his defense is A+++ and he's the best active counterpuncher, even better than Marquez.
    i agree completely with the bold, except mayweather doesn't have marquez' chin, nor is his defence all that versus quick southpaws

agreed?

Comment

Originally posted by Blah! View Post
      i agree completely with the bold, except mayweather doesn't have marquez' chin, nor is his defence all that versus quick southpaws

agreed?

Comment

I think Marquez is diffrent in that unlike Shane for example he's gonna sit in the pocket and do his countering. He isn't gonna run from the fight and thats what had made him so difficult an opponent for Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
          right, but counter-punchers are also shown to be the most dominant in the sport

so it's only natural he has to fight harder against counter-puncher than he does against face first brawler like margarito, right?

even a monster like roy jones had his toughest times vs counter-punchers

counter-punchers aren't so much manny pacquiao's worst nightmare as they are to everyone, even to themselves
          Now you are talking out your a$$! RJJ pwned counter punchers. Just ask B-hop and James Toney. RJJ WAS a counter puncher btw

Comment

agreed?
            You based that on what exactly? Hasn't Floyd been rocked few times in his career just as Marquez?

Comment

that was a long time ago, i think most people will agree that he improved since the first marquez fight, but is pretty much peaked ever since the second

give me your scorecard for the second fight

the people that scored it for marquez watched it live and had that bar set too high for the improved pacquiao that was suppossed to ko marquez, watch it now, give me your scorecard
              Pacquiao has not improved since the last Marquez fight, it's funny when people say that. His opposition has made it look like he improved. Anyway back to the topic at hand, everybody seems to hit Marquez a lot but Marquez was able to time Pac and repeatedly counter him very easily. Even Joshua Clottey regularly connected on Manny with the very few punches he threw. IMO someone that's difficult to hit and has excellent timing and accurate counter punching ability is Manny's worst nightmare.

Comment

Well he wasn't Marquez's worst nightmare, and that was the last counterpuncher he fought.

Comment

From being a fanatic myself and watching almost every fight that I can get my hand on. PAC HAS SHOWN AGAINST ANY COUNTER PUNCHER OR FIGHTER WITH GOOD MOVEMENT THAT HE HAS THE TOOLS TO EXPOSE THEM.

marquez- uneffective
                  Mosley- won but look lost on how to cut the ring off and was weary of Mosley landing a big shot in return.
                  Clottey- no counter since hes been a boxer
                  Margarito - no counter in his blood stream
                  Cotto- did fairly well countering and flicking his jab. Cotto just has a problem with guys with fast hands.
                  Morrales= gave PAC A boxing lesson in the first fight but the next two were beatings.

Not sure what counter puncher PAC has looked good against. Please advise and show footage. I dont have any.

Comment

agreed?
                    Yeah definitely, Mayweather has a better chin.

I mean Marquez has been knocked down like 85 times. While people make a big deal of Floyd grazing the canvas in the Judah fight, and getting buckled in the Mosley fight. Compare that to getting knocked down.

Plus, I think it's safe to say Shane Mosley is more powerful than Juan Diaz, and Diaz shook Marquez in the 1st or 2nd round of their first fight.

Also Floyd is really featherfisted, he really is, and he knocked down Marquez. Marquez recoverability is really good though, that's why none of the times he's been KD'ed, the opponent couldn't finish him.

Comment

Floyd Jr is MP best opponent and MP is Floyd Jr best opponent.

Comment

Working...
                      X