No announcement yet.

Aldo Pulls Out, McGregor Faces Chad Mendes For Interim Title

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
    I don't think this is more dangerous based on peoples assumptions that McGregor has no groundgame. I like Conor but there is a lot of glaring horrific flaws in his stand up.
    Thats what MMA is all about ie being a jack master

Comment

Looks like McGregor is the new champ then. Chad Mendes is good, but he's got a glass jaw.

Comment

Very disappointed that Aldo got injured. I'm wondering why so many big UFC fights are getting postponed due to injury the past couple of years?

Comment

mendes has the heart the skill the desire but that damn jaw is what scares me away from putting cash on him...connor is still favored dude is huge at featherweight but im def pulling for money mendes to pull the upset

Comment

Never been so gutted of a fight being called off in my life, i could cry.

Comment

I think Conor knocks him out with an uppercut. Too big. Too fast. Too Irish.

Comment

Originally posted by Rocky... View Post
                Never been so gutted of a fight being called off in my life, i could cry.
                It really is unfortunate. It takes away a huge fight from the fans. And if Mendez pulls off the upset (very possible) then the super fight is toast.

Comment

I was looking forward to Aldo/McGregor, but things could work out even better this way. Now McGregor is being forced to earn his title shot while also addressing the criticism he can't handle a wrestler. It also gives Aldo/McGregor common ground by having a common opponent.

That said, mini-Mendez is a very dangerous fight for McGregor. He's fast and can get to McGregor's legs to get him down. Still an exciting fight.

Comment

Originally posted by JulianQ View Post
                    It really is unfortunate. It takes away a huge fight from the fans. And if Mendez pulls off the upset (very possible) then the super fight is toast.
                    Don't worry Chad won't win.

Comment

I was very much looking forward to it, but Aldo shouldn't fight McGregor with an injury. **** happens.
                      Last edited by kiaba360; 07-01-2015, 02:07 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X