Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you have a negative opinion of Margarito?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    I'm especially curious to hear the opinions of UKers and people outside of Mexico and Puerto Rico. So, if you want, state what country you are in when you respond.
    If I was fighting a scum bag steroid cheat who has recieved a pass cause he's black I to would cement my wraps to make an even fight

Comment

I am mexican and actually i used ¿nd i voted he is a scumbag.

Anyone reckless enough to cheat the way he did deserves serious punishment and then after that he just became a bigmouth mofo.

Margaritos actions show he has no respect for the sport he is supposed to love also he never had real skills ... but u have to admit his chin and stamina are just remarkable.

Comment

MArgaritotards trying to downplay his cemented fist is like flowmos downplaying floyds propensity to have multiple vacations and enabling floyd's chronic duckitis.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingGenius27 View Post
          Mosley and Pac gave him the best punishment one could give.

No judge or jury needed. Strictly ass whoopin.
          I do agree with you, but he still got paid millions for those fights and the opportunity of a title belt, that money and opportunity could have gone to a much more deserving contender that have been waiting for an opportunity like that their whole careers.

Comment

Well, you know where I'm from.

The poll options could be a little better. The vote that most closely reflects my opinion of Margarito is "indifferent."

I've never been completely sold on the idea that Margarito used plaster against Cotto. I certainly think it's very possible, since he was later caught attempting to use the substance versus Mosley. But that doesn't prove he did it before.

Margarito took a lot of punishment from Miguel in their first fight, but he just kept coming. How do you explain that? It's not like he had plaster on his chin. He was able to power through the storm and inflict disabling blows of his own. Someone had to give. It turned out to be Cotto.

People on both sides of the issue have valid arguments. One fact remains: nothing has been proven.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
              Fair enough. I can respect that.

But if someone feels (like I do) that he robbed Cotto of his prime years by being dirty then "scumbag" is actually quite tame.
              I agree re Cotto. Maybe next time just put "Is he a cheat" & then let people add their own adjectives afterwards.

Comment

i have nothing againts warriors like margo ..and i come from earthico..

Comment

I'm a Londoner who lived in California for many years so has many Mexican friends. Most generally still supported him as I remember how crazy they all went when he beat Cotto. I don't think some people wanted to accept it.

Funnily enough, I pissed a few people off as I picked Mosely to beat him (on points though) & that was before the scandal broke.

Comment

I think he cheated, and the Mosley fight probably wasn't the first time. It was just the first time he got caught.

If you notice he was never as dominant or impressive post-plaster. Ask yourself why that is.

Comment

Not Mexican or Puerto RIcan but hate cheaters and it was proven he was one and even a bigger deal was that he wasn't **** after the plaster was taken out of the Equation.

Comment

Working...
                      X