No announcement yet.

do you think Boxing would benefit from open scoring

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do you think Boxing would benefit from open scoring

with all these controversial decisions and Judges being scrutinized for calling it how they see it in every close fights do you think an open scoring system will improvement since the fighters will know what the judges are looking for and knowing they are behind or it close in the 8th make the fights better in the late rounds instead of assuming they have a win in the bag?
    No it does more harm then good to the sport
    57.14%
    Yes it would lower the number of controversial fights
    42.86%

No it would kill the suspense and perhaps the motivation fighters if they know they are way down on the scorecard.

Comment

I think we would slowly witness a robbery..

Comment

No. Because if a fighter finds out he's down 7-0 on all 3 scorecards he'll quit because he knows he has no chance of winning. Then all the fans don't get their moneys worth.

Comment

Originally posted by FeFist View Post
          No it would kill the suspense and perhaps the motivation fighters if they know they are way down on the scorecard.
          And the judges would probably react even more to fan reaction.

Comment

Originally posted by PBP View Post
            No. Because if a fighter finds out he's down 7-0 on all 3 scorecards he'll quit because he knows he has no chance of winning. Then all the fans don't get their moneys worth.
            What I was thinking... like if the winning boxer knew he was way up... he'd probably coast

Comment

Poll added

Comment

I would rather see half points added. I could see how that could change how fights are actually scored, open scoring really changes nothing.

Comment

Bottom line, if a powerful promoter wants a certain fighter to win, he will find a way to make it happen.

There's a loophole in every solution to the current scoring system in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by The Gambler1981 View Post
                    I would rather see half points added. I could see how that could change how fights are actually scored, open scoring really changes nothing.
                    These thousand year old judges can barely add already. I wouldn't trust them at all to add .5 to anything.

Comment

Working...
                    X