No announcement yet.

Hasegawa vs Montiel a bad stoppage?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cosign xcaret...

wat kept him up was the ropes.... am happy as hell right now lol!

Comment

Originally posted by Rbgnwo View Post
      There was only a second left in the round and because hasegawa's young and in top condition, he might have been able to recover on the stool... he was still standing when the round ended.
      The ref did the right thinng. Hasegawa was not protecting himself. His right hand was down and he was using his left hand to hold on to the ropes so he wouldn't go down. As for the one second left, I guess the ref wasn't aware of that. IMO I agree with the ref. The rematch would be twice as good as this one. I hope that now we can see Montiel vs. Darchinyan, Donaire.

Comment

Originally posted by paulf View Post
        His hands were down and he was messed up. Montiel could have really hurt him. Good stoppage imo.
        This...

When the ref stepped in there were like 2-3 seconds left. Had Montiel kept punching for that time Hasegawa would be ****ing dead. He basically went limp against the ropes and took clean shots that made him look like a damn bobblehead.

As a Hasegawa fan, this was a good stoppage.

Comment

Totally crap stoppage imo.

Since when does a guy only get 1 chance at getting up? Who was the ref Lawrence Cole?

In ****ing Japan? What the hell was he doing there?

Hasegawa is the ****ing champion and they pull a Meldrick Taylor on him?

The dude is a hard ass mother****er. He could take it and didn't even go down.

Crap stoppage.

Comment

Good stoppage. He was standing there with no defense whatsoever and Montiel was teeing off on his head. Maybe Gatti would have survived something like that, Hasegawa was clearly done though.

Comment

Wow the amount of nuthuggery on this board is ridiculous. Hasegawa was out cold. His hands had him trapped on the ropes while Montiel was landing huge power shots on his unprotected and stationary head. Actually I give Cole credit, he let that **** go on for a while longer than I thought was neccessary. Good stoppage though.

Here is video of the last round

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5PzuHFerKDc
              Last edited by David_TheMan; 04-30-2010, 11:24 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH-WEBB View Post
                Anyone have a link..I didn't get a chance to see it live.

Go to about 6.20.

Comment

I just saw the fight and I think it was a bad stoppage. It looks like the ref had a 1 million bet on Montiel and he couldn't wait to stop if he had a chance.

Comment

good stoppage how was the ref to know what time it was ?

he's going off of what he is seeing and he's seeing a guy that just got hit so hard he went back to the ropes, stood there and just kept getting hit and not defending himself what you prefer him to do pull montiel off and give a 10 count ..

Comment

If you can look at the last few seconds and honestly say that wasn't a good stoppage, you're blind as a god damn bat. It's not the referees job to keep track of the time until the round is over, nor is it his job to make possibly life saving choices based on who is or isn't a champion. Hasegawa was completely limp and defenseless and taking bombs to the face, it was a good stoppage.

Comment

Working...
                      X