No announcement yet.

Gamboa and Peterson weren't the only ones off their game tonight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gamboa and Peterson weren't the only ones off their game tonight

Max Kellerman was more annoying than normal tonight. His bumbling of the post fight interviews as well as his constant need to show off his Boxing history knowledge got on my nerves. And yes Max, those were knockdowns.

Did Rios remind anyone of Aaron Pryor? In how he was able to switch angles on the inside and slip in those uppercuts. You just don't see that anymore, I think this Rios kid is the goods. Anyway, it's not so much that Anthony was off his game, Anthony made many attempts to outbox Rios but was STILL being outlanded, so there wasn't much he can do. He should get rid of the shoulder roll; doesn't work for him. Lamont is a lot more successful in usin' it.

Gamboa, my opinion hasn't changed on him. He has far too many flaws, but he's very athletic and can punch, so he isn't a guy I would count out. But from the very start I said Juanma would beat him, and I still stand by that.

Comment

I was surpised that Peterson, who seemed like an intellegent dude, didn't adjust to defend against those uppercuts. Rios kept landing them round after round. I was dissapointed in how Peterson broke down mentally. He is obviously is the better fighter, but he proved that even with the best technique, you have to have the drive and savvy to put it to work.

Comment

Max Kellerman: Were those low blows intentional?

Anthony Peterson: I'll have to analyze the tape.

Comment

Originally posted by The Dreamer View Post
          Max Kellerman: Were those low blows intentional?

Anthony Peterson: I'll have to analyze the tape.

It was gods will he also implied during the interview

And what was Max thinking comparing Gamboa to Hamed?

Comment

Yeah Max was babbling nonsense...I wasn't paying attention but he was talking about Pernell Whitaker or sumthin at one point...

I thought Gamboa did fine...I think he tried to box more than his usual style...

Comment

It seemed that the crew was kind of at each other's necks tonight. They just all seemed on edge. Kind of odd.

Comment

Kellerman reminds me of Iole. Most of the time (not always) he's pushing an agenda, or a his "theories". Tonight was "The Tale of Two Gamboas".

Just shut up Kellerman and TRY to do your job right.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Malone View Post
                  It seemed that the crew was kind of at each other's necks tonight. They just all seemed on edge. Kind of odd.
                  Lennox Lewis was the glue that held B.A.D together. We'll miss you champ

Comment

Originally posted by -EX- View Post
                    Yeah Max was babbling nonsense...I wasn't paying attention but he was talking about Pernell Whitaker or sumthin at one point...
                    I think it was Bob Papa who brought up Whitaker.

I agree though, Kellerman talks a lot of nonsense. I thought he was alright tonight though.

Comment

Working...
                    X