Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Khan beats Canelo (Detailed Breakdown Inside, Styles Makes Fights!)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Doctor_Tenma View Post
    Well said on the bold and he has horrible reactive speed, he tends to freeze up in a defensive shell when punches start flying.

Benny, this is why I like this fight. I admit I have my issues but Khan needs to get put away, it's annoying that people talk about him this much when his skills or lack thereof doesn't warrant it.
    This is just awful. So you want someone getting hurt simply cause people on the internet talk about him?

Comment

Canelo has fought Mosley, Floyd, Lara in short he has been in with a lot of fast guys and guys who know what they're doing with it. Cotto is no slouch either and will Khan even be fast at 155? I didn't think he looked fast against Algieri myself.

Khan doesn't have the chin, defense or ring I.Q

Like most high end amateurs he has an awful tendency of slowing down after 3-4 rounds nevermind at 155 and against a big man who is a vicious bodypuncher. Peterson, Diaz & so on, look how easy he is to time after his predictable fast starts.

This talk of his speed, Canelo might have slow feet but he has very fast hands himself and very good timing to accompany that.
      Timing beats speed.

I see Khan getting badly beaten, like real badly, seems a no brainer to me but for what its worth I do think it might stylistically favour him a little more than Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
        This is just awful. So you want someone getting hurt simply cause people on the internet talk about him?
        Wherever I discuss boxing, I already admitted to having my issues so hey

Comment

Originally posted by Szef View Post
          Props to him for taking this fight, but Khan has no chance whatsoever, stop fooling yourself.

This fight is a total farce, Canelo and Oscar can suck a dick.
          how this fact is lost on people is almost impressive.

thing is this, a majority of brit fans save for like jaz / anorak are objective.

when khan loses this fight in devastating fashion, the talk will be how khan won the early round(s) and then something (a punch) happened which lost the fight for khan but if that something (punch) didn't happen we'd be having a different discussion.

brit fight fans are like the sassy black girls of boxing.

Comment

I've been doing a lot of night shifts recently and thought maybe I had imagined that this fight was happening, threads like this make me think that my brain is making all this crap up.

No. Khan stands pretty much zero chance of beating Canelo at 155lbs. If he wins we would be looking at one of the biggest upsets ever at the top level of boxing IMO.

Khan has not shown anything that suggests he can do a 'Floyd' on Canelo. His foot and hand speed means very little when you know that Khan doesnt have the intelligence to apply it properly. His reach 'advantage' means very little when you know Khan is terrible at judging range and he has no timing

Canelo isnt a 'pressure fighter'. But he forced Lara to run like Haile Gabriel Selassie to avoid his shots. He isnt Mayweather, but he is a good counter puncher who will surely be able to time Khan when he's throwing his 6 punch powder puff flurries. He isnt a huge puncher, but he punches plenty hard enough to put Khan out for the count.

Maybe Khan can cause him some problems early on, maybe, but this is literally a matter of time.

Full credit to Khan for taking this fight, but he's getting KO'd. Any other prediction is fanboyism IMO.

F/ck Canelo for this fight though. I used to hate the guy when he was coming up getting vacant title shots vs the likes of Ryan Rhodes, and defending vs Matt Hatton. But he made me a fan recently taking mostly good fights like Trout, Mayweather, Lara, Kirkland, Angulo and Cotto. This fight is a return to the old Canelo, bringing up smaller opponents (who arent even that good) to take a beating.

Comment

Originally posted by TRTboy View Post
              I think Canelo will be too big and strong. However, I still question canelo's fight IQ and his ability to track down a moving boxer. Khan is fast and mobile and canelo sometimes tries to box with a boxer instead of using his physical attributes of power and strength make it firefight.

He almost got outworked by a much smaller and older Cotto by throwing very few punches instead of using his size to overpower the much smaller man. But I just think he will catch Khan with something big because canelo does have good timing.
              I think there is a lot of truth in this statement. I think its very possible Khan can get deeper in this fight than many people are suggesting cuz I think he, oddly enough, has a higher boxing IQ than Canelo or at worst its a debatable topic & he could even lock up some rounds with his speed & boxing IQ. Having said that I think the size difference, Canelo's not great power but good power & Khan's not so great chin will be the deciding factors in this fight. My early pick is Canelo by KO within 2-8 rounds & if pressed I'll split the difference & go with Canelo KO 5.

Curious what kinda deal/money Khan got for this fight cuz of the fights out there for him this seems like maybe one of the worst choices & he's been a extremely finicky guy to deal with. Shame on Oscar for making this fight in one respect, but great job on making a deal with a hard to deal with guy in another respect.

Comment

This is a silly fight, Khan has had 4 fights as a Welterweight and has shown he lacks power to stop his opponents while also demonstrating the same frailties he has shown throughout his career. For goodness sake he struggled against Chris Algieri. Now he wants to jump 2 weights to fight someone who will likely be a lot heavier than 155.

Speed alone wont keep Canelo off of him and he doesn't have the best footwork or defense so i'm not sure how he could possibly win this fight. Canelo and GB are a joke for making this fight. I dont even like Khan but it would be hilarious if he won, props to him for taking this fight

Comment

If Khan comes in at, say 165 he will gas by the 5/6 round.

The only hope he has is to hit and run, without his (overrated) speed he simply wont be able to do it for 12 rounds.

Lara DID, but Lara had 2 advantages over Khan, he was more natural at the weight and a southpaw - it was easier for him to turn Canelo off balance.

Finally Khan can't help but get drawn into exchanges of fire, Canelo is a concussive puncher and will have the final say in any type of toe-toe exchange.

Khan has not faced a puncher in years, now he is going in with a hard hitter who is younger, fought better opposition and 10-15 lbs heavier.

It is crazy to suggest Khan can out box Canelo for 36 minutes at this weight.

Comment

Originally posted by .:: JSFD26 ::. View Post
                    cry baby bro, let it out.

Comment

King Khan 8-4, easy work UD.

After this, King Khan vs Lil G for the Undisputed Middleweight Championship of the world.

Comment

Working...
                      X