Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Miguel Cotto Could Return To 154-Pounds, Says Roach

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Who is he going to fight at 154? Roc Nation has beef with Haymon so scratch his fighters off the list. Boo Boo is suing roc nation. Doubt Bob arum let's any his fighters fight cotto with how messy things got when he left them for Roc Nation. But even if he got a title fight at 154 I think all those Champs beat him. After this loss and because who his promoter is I don't see a lot of big fight options. He'll have to take a on a young up and comer lesser known fighter
    Last edited by bigdunny1; 11-22-2015, 07:35 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      What does trout do that you'd ever want to watch him fight again?

Seriously, dude throws punches like he doesn't want to hurt anyone. IMO cotto took him lightly, didn't train hard, and just didn't care. Don't need that rematch.

But I do agree, lee has a significant size advantage, but so will most guys at 154.
      It's more about getting payback than anything else. it doesn't matter anyway because RocNation doesn't seem to have a good relationship with Haymon. Cotto vs. Lee will be fine too, a great opportunity for Lee.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
        Dawg, I really doubt the masses would want to see Andy Lee and Cotto go at it, as it is already a given Cotto is NO middleweight by any means.

Bradley isn't a big puncher, isn't a volume punching pressure fighter but is well known in the boxing circle.

Regarding revenue, if Mayweather can bamboozle the public into believing Berto was PPV worthy and still cash out handsomely I think Cotto with the Latin market contingent can pull off this same Houdini. I mean I've seen stranger things.
        No one is paying ppv prices for cotto/Bradley. Especially cotto coming off a loss.

And the Floyd/Bradley fight is a bad example, as that fight was a complete loss for Showtime, the same way his fight with Gurerro and Maidana 2 was. The Only reason Showtime did those fights is because they knew they were getting the fifhts with canelo & Pac.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
          Who is he going to fight at 154? Roc Nation has beef with Haymon so scratch his fighters off the list. Boo Boo is suing roc nation. Doubt Bob arum let's any his fighters fight cotto with how messy things got when he left them for Roc Nation. But even if he got a title fight at 154 I think all those Champs bear him. After this loss and because who his promoter is I don't see a lot of big fight options. He'll have to take a on a young up and comer lesser known fighter
          Keep and eye on Liam Smith the wbo champ at 154

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
            Who is he going to fight at 154? Roc Nation has beef with Haymon so scratch his fighters off the list. Boo Boo is suing roc nation. Doubt Bob arum let's any his fighters fight cotto with how messy things got when he left them for Roc Nation. But even if he got a title fight at 154 I think all those Champs beat him. After this loss and because who his promoter is I don't see a lot of big fight options. He'll have to take a on a young up and comer lesser known fighter
            Keep an eye on Liam Smith the wbo 154 champ

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
              Hey Freddy he WAS at 154 (153.5) to be exact!

Canelo rehydrated from 155 thats ONE pound from 154! For christ sake get over it!!
              If your going to allow 40+ hours to rehyradte managers will take advantage of it.
              Stop crying and tell Cotto he needs to show up at the presser and talk about the nite win or loose! Be a pro and stop crying all the time. He got his catchweight he got his money, Canelo played the roll as the opponent but you still got beat. Own it both of you!! Tired of listening to these babies cry....

Ray Corso
              Seriously. All these catchweights and jumping weights makes for stupid comments. How does he go back to 154 when he pretty much just fought at 154 against a guy who had less experience at middleweight?? Also, there is no way Cotto weighs 159 on fight night. Cotto is a solid bulky looking body.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
                Keep him away from Lara. My dad is Cuban and Puerto Rican, he would have a stroke if they fought
                Lara suppose to moving to 160 after fight the 24th

Comment

Cotto beat canelo last night even with the weight advantage canelo couldn't hurt cotto going back down to 154 is a good move more money fights at that weight nobody at 160 that brings in money besides canelo which they will probably Robb cotot again

Comment

Bradley madaina angulo Kirkland rosado Stevens laim smith Andy Lee Austin trout Lara plenty of options for cotto

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                      I say call Bradley out at 154 ( Atlas vs Roach would be interesting ) and cash out your last big payday with Roc Nation and call it a career.

This fight was actually proposed by Arum a while back and Bradley was on board. So why not?
                      alot of people will poo poo that idea, but I like the fight alot. I'd definitely buy it. Bradleys chin and work rate would damn sure make it interesting, and hes not such a huge puncher that Cotto gets put on the floor or anything. Its a very good 12 round action fight.

Im in.......

Comment

Working...
                      X