Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

To become a mega star you have to move up divisions(heavy's cant move up)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by VG_Addict View Post
    Could RJJ have won a title at CW?
    I think he could have, he would have retained his speed and reflexes for a couple more years and although I cant remember much of the cruisers at the time, I'll need to check boxrec but there really wasnt anyone of note up there. Toney was good at the weight but nothing special, Jirov too. Who else was there?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
      Yes, Muhammad Ali was never a mega star. Tyson and Dempsey could've been bigger stars had they been cruiserweights.
      Great way to ignore the thread title and OP

Comment

They don't need to move up in weight, but once they've cleaned out their division people will inevitably start looking at fighters north or south of their division.

I think that that is why the heavyweight division is suffering now. The talent pool has dropped so the division where fighters can't rely on fighters from other divisions will suffer the most.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Oscar was a star before he ever moved up. Same with Sugar Ray Leonard. They were super stars. Sugar Ray spent his entire career at welterweight, only three years after his retirement did he move up to fight Marvin Hagler, another star who never moved up himself, and obviously Leonard was already a huge established star by then. Oscar was a star since the Olympics and would have been a star no matter what weight class he fought at.

Canelo is a super star because of his 1 pound weight increase apparently. Thanks Larry.

Ricky Hatton became a star by fighting at 140. He was a boxing super star well before he fought a couple fights at 147.

Calzaghe was a pretty big star at 168, same with Froch and Kessler, all stayed at 168 their entire careers, only Joey C who fought a couple at 175 at the very end of his career but of course, he was already well established by then.

And the list goes on and on and on. Basically the thread title is a giant lie.
          Canelo is not a mega star tho and his ppv numbers show that

Comment

Working...
          X