Resident Evil 1 Getting Remastered For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resident Evil 1 Getting Remastered For PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC

http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/08/...box-360-and-pc

Resident Evil REmake from Game Cube will be getting remastered for PS3/4, XBox 360/One, PC.

Screenshots of GC vs Remastered on website.

The original Resident Evil is being remastered for PS4, Xbox One, PS3, Xbox 360 and PC, Capcom has confirmed.

Due out in 2015, the title will be available via digital download only and is based on the 2002 GameCube remake. 1080p visuals will be standard for PC, PlayStation 4 and Xbox One, while older consoles will get 720p. All versions will have 5.1 surround sound support.

Getting fed up of the whole remastered games trend. Releasing the same game with updated graphics seems like a cheap lazy way to milk fans. I don't mind actual remakes and would by a Resi 2 or 3 one straight away.

Comment

The game industry has really lots it's soul.

Old games should be left to be appreciated in the for, which they were created.

The odd remake/remaster is a novelty, but it's long worn off.

Comment

Everybody who wanted this has already played it one form or another. I played it on gamecube but alot of people I know got to it on the wii.

It's ironic it's not announced for wii u. Anyways, it won't sell well and that'll be the excuse for no REmake 2

Comment

The problem with a remake of RE2 is that they would have to start completely from scratch. It takes a lot of money to do this. Now obviously, Re Remake and Resident Evil 4 HD/Remastered were already existing games that just got nice touch ups. RE2 remake would be no touch up, it would be a brand new game.

I wish Capcom was more like GameFreak. Look at the way they give their fans want they crave, the fans ask for remakes of past Pokemon games and they get it eventually. Now don't get me wrong, PS3/PS4/X360/One are complete different animals when it comes to graphics vs the 3DS, but I can't imagine Capcom going bankrupt for making Resident Evil 2 all over again. I'm sure there's a perfectly good explanation for them still not making REmake 2, and that is simply the M word, Money. They don't want to satisfy the couple million fans that would buy RE2, they rather have 5-7million fans buy the next game on the horizon which is Resident Evil 7. From a business standpoint, I get it. And I get that there's a high possibility they would spend more money on a RE2 remake than they would make back.

Comment

I'll be getting this game though. For me, it's a must have.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
              Getting fed up of the whole remastered games trend. Releasing the same game with updated graphics seems like a cheap lazy way to milk fans. I don't mind actual remakes and would by a Resi 2 or 3 one straight away.
              REmake was only available for a very limited audience on GameCube. I'm happy to see this because now a much, much larger audience will be exposed to it. It's the best RE game ever IMO.

I wouldn't trust Capcom to remake RE 2 or 3 at this point, though the potential they could do for either of those games what they did for the for RE1 is exciting.

Comment

Originally posted by Andre Wardttke View Post
                The game industry has really lots it's soul.

Old games should be left to be appreciated in the for, which they were created.

The odd remake/remaster is a novelty, but it's long worn off.
                Agreed. It's a cheap cash in on previous work by getting fans to pay for **** they already paid for X number of years ago. It's also the telltale sign of a company that has run out of ideas.

Capcom used to be my favorite game company when I was a child. Anytime I put a game in my SNES that had the blue and yellow Capcom logo on start-up I knew I was going to have a blast. Nowadays they're my most hated company. They're having a sale on XBL this week with games from the DMC, RE, Dead Rising, Megaman, and Street Fighter series - I've passed on the opportunity to grab any of what they have for offer on principle alone. I simply refuse to give them any more of my money.

At this point, I'd rather they go bankrupt and be forced to sell their few remaining decent franchises off to companies more capable of turning a profit from them.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I'll be getting this game though. For me, it's a must have.

Yes, me too. I'm obsessed with Resident Evil. Would love a RE2 & 3 remake.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingLaw View Post
                    Yes, me too. I'm obsessed with Resident Evil. Would love a RE2 & 3 remake.
                    Don't get me started. I got RE Revelations for 3DS when it came out. Then pre-ordered it for PS3 when it was coming out. The thing is, I support RE remakes and remasters that are good survival horror games. So although I saw no reason to buy RE Rev again or RE4 HD for PS3, I did anyway, to show support as a fan of the SH part of RE (don't get me wrong, I played hell out of of them too). Because it's no secret, Capcom is doing this to see the support SH gameplay gets. Hence Revelations, RE4 HD, Revelations getting ported to a larger audience in PS3/360, and now a remaster of REmake. They want to see how much people support what RE used to be. I don't think it's fair, but that's what they're trying to do. They barely lose any money, probably make a profit with it. I mean with today's technology, i'm sure it's easy to remaster a game that already has pretty good graphics for it's time, like RE4 and REmake had.

Comment

Working...
                    X