No announcement yet.

sergey kovalev victory thread!!!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
    yeah you should bump the one where i said he would get robbed by the american judges. Or the one where i said ward was overrated and could be outboxed, or my final predication post where i said ward would get dropped early, pretty much refuse to engage after that and lose on points (which he should have done). Truth is, i said all along ward wasnt as good as people were making out (people made him out to be a mayweather/roy jones level when he isnt) and after the fight the vast vast majority of people dont rate him as high as they did before.
    You got it wrong in a different way. It wasn't that Ward wasn't as good as people thought, it was Kovalev was better than people thought. Instead of trying to take credit from Ward, give Kovalev his.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      bizarre, you're post above completely contradicts what you just said

Why would you assume im upset? I would absolutely be furious if i bet on kovalev like i very nearly did however i wanted to watch and enjoy without a dog in the race.

I don't react emotionally to sport as i dont watch to invest in certain fighters like a casual fanboy, i watch for entertainment... my reaction is more complete befuddlement at people that are clearly watching something completely different from the vast majority of 'us'.

Most fan's saw who won, practically all the boxing journalists from planet earth saw who won.
      But hey there will always be people that are gunna argue blue is orange.

Never underestimate how stupid people can be, my mate was telling me about flat earth theory the other day for example ffs
      Lol, flat earth. That just tells me what kind of company you keep and attract.

Comment

Sergey Kovalev

The Peoples' Champion

Comment

Originally posted by Scott. Weiland View Post
          Lol, flat earth. That just tells me what kind of company you keep and attract.
          Great reply mate, nothing to do with any of the points i made, glad i read. 10/10.

*posts a reply stating all the reasons you are emotionally invested in an outcome*

*posts a reply 2 seconds later proclaiming you dont have any emotional investment*

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
            Sergey Kovalev

Champion for insecure white supremacist
            That's what you really mean.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdramashow View Post
              yeah you should bump the one where i said he would get robbed by the american judges. Or the one where i said ward was overrated and could be outboxed, or my final predication post where i said ward would get dropped early, pretty much refuse to engage after that and lose on points (which he should have done). Truth is, i said all along ward wasnt as good as people were making out (people made him out to be a mayweather/roy jones level when he isnt) and after the fight the vast vast majority of people dont rate him as high as they did before.
              He got outboxed in spots, which I predicted would happen because of Kovalev's ability and length. I predicted this fight and broke it down technically to a tee, I will pm you my damn prediction.

All I remember you doing is spouting ****, about Ward, constantly.

Also he did engage after the knockdown, so you are wrong about that, in fact he engaged more and more the longer the fight went on. He came out in 3, 4, and 5 and was not gun shy at all, furthermore he was throwing more power shots in the last 4 rounds then any part of the fight, and it was Kovalev who had started to look tired and weak in the legs (no doubt the body punching).

You can't talk in generalisation - it makes a debate not worth having. "People" is not a good starting point, I don't think many recognised Ward on the same level as a Jones or Mayweather, he doesn't have that kind of supernatural talent, but he is special in his own right, maybe a notch below those names though.

At the end of the day he had enough to beat or lets say MATCH Kovalev (as some people don't think he won), and Ward is physically not even in his prime anymore - he got the win because his mental game is still as strong as it's ever been.

That should tell you just how good Ward is, his intangibles are incredible - and anything less than that would have got him beat because Kovalev is a monster, and a super fighter in his own right.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  You got it wrong in a different way. It wasn't that Ward wasn't as good as people thought, it was Kovalev was better than people thought. Instead of trying to take credit from Ward, give Kovalev his.
                  EXACTLY - total muppet this kid. His whole agenda has been to discredit and hate on Ward and this just proves it.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
                      Great reply mate, nothing to do with any of the points i made, glad i read. 10/10.

*posts a reply stating all the reasons you are emotionally invested in an outcome*

*posts a reply 2 seconds later proclaiming you dont have any emotional investment*

I don't come on here with any biases in fight week, no clear favourite who I thought I wanted to win its all documented.

I'm just laughing at guys like you as I had Ward a clear winner, Kovalev wilted. Fight did not play out as I expected I thought Ward would stack up the rounds early in tight close affair, I did not expect Kovalev to gas or mentally unwind down th stretch to the degree he did, I did however say I thought he may score a knockdown or two but Ward would bank enough rounds regardless.

I was merely pointing out your own emotionally investment and laughing about it.

I will reiterate what I have said over and over, I did not want to see loser.

Comment

Working...
                      X