Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Watching Pernell Whitaker Is Like Watching Magic.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Watching Pernell Whitaker Is Like Watching Magic.

Just watched his boxset again. And the man's reflexes, and ability to time & avoid punchers were really something to behold. It's almost like watching magic at times.

He just looked so hard & tricky to fight. It just looks like it comes easy to him. At times he makes All Time Great fighters like Azumah Nelson, Julio Cesar Chavez, look silly.

like Magic Johnson?

Sweet Pea was great...but not THAT great

Comment

i like his fight with nelson.

Comment

Originally posted by -MAKAVELLI- View Post
        like Magic Johnson?

Sweet Pea was great...but not THAT great
        U gotta be jokin. Pernell skills & defence are almost unbelivable at times.

Pernell>Any Magic

Comment

Originally posted by The Cuban Hawk View Post
          U gotta be jokin. Pernell skills & defence are almost unbelivable at times.

Pernell>Any Magic

Magic Johnson can play all 5 positions...he was an NBA Finals MVP in his rookie year...a year after winning a National Title

Magic was Pernell + Roy + Marvin + Duran + Ali + Robinson put together

Comment

Magic Johnson can play all 5 positions...he was an NBA Finals MVP in his rookie year...a year after winning a National Title

Magic was Pernell + Roy + Marvin + Duran + Ali + Robinson put together
            Preach on!! This is the best of your over 40k posts!! Your knowledge of basketball is amazing. Now if you could work on your boxing just a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
              Preach on!! This is the best of your over 40k posts!! Your knowledge of basketball is amazing. Now if you could work on your boxing just a bit.

i hate you

its weird...when im here, i use basketball analogies a lot...when im on basketball forums, i use boxing analogies

Comment

i hate you

its weird...when im here, i use basketball analogies a lot...when im on basketball forums, i use boxing analogies
                You'd hate me more if I had let that oppotunity pass.

Comment

Watching that video is why I ****ing hate Jim Lampley!! De la Hoya missed every punch in those flurries why the **** are you excited about missed punches and calling them like they landed?

I swear if a person was to listen Jim Lampley call a fight on the radio and then watch the fight again on TV you have to be like WTF was dude talking about?

Damn they don't make them like Sweet Pea no more. Good vid!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                    Watching that video is why I ****ing hate Jim Lampley!! De la Hoya missed every punch in those flurries why the **** are you excited about missed punches and calling them like they landed?

I swear if a person was to listen Jim Lampley call a fight on the radio and then watch the fight again on TV you have to be like WTF was dude talking about?

Damn they don't make them like Sweet Pea no more. Good vid!!!

dude, Lampley's man-crush on DLH was disgusting

Comment

Working...
                    X