Averaged 2.1 million

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
      who was number 2 ???
      Klitchsko/Jennings....

Comment

well that decides it then, canelo is the a side

Comment

Great ratings for HBO who has been killing it all year. Canelo vs Cotto will do amazing numbers. But one this is clear under every measurable possible Canelo has surpassed Cotto in Star power. This idea that Cotto is the A side to Canelo isn't backed up when you look at attendance, tv ratings, PPV buys ect. And how does Canelo need Cotto more then the other way around? Canelo is young and has nothing but time on his side. Cotto's clock is ticking and other then Mayweather (which I don't see happening because Haymon hates Jay-Z) he has no other big fight to explain to his fanbase why he is ducking GGG. If he doesn't fight GGG and backs out of the Canelo fight to fight another bum he will get killed by media and fans.

Canelo can fight anybody in Sept and do a massive 2 mil TV ratings on regular HBO. He has no mandatory challenger that he is ducking. He fought no fanbase having Lara and did good PPV numbers and this was on Showtime. Look at his ratings spike since coming back to HBO. With HBO pushing his next PPV that number will be much higher then his last Showtime PPV.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
            Canelo's 2.1mill rating ****s on Cotto's 1.6mill. Canelo's 20k+ gates do aswell to Cotto's 12k gates. A-side decided.

Only caveat Cotto has, is that Canelo needs him. But Cotto is B-side no question.
            You can argue that those numbers will be thrown out considering that was the night Pac/May was replayed on HBO.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
              Great ratings for HBO who has been killing it all year. Canelo vs Cotto will do amazing numbers. But one this is clear under every measurable possible Canelo has surpassed Cotto in Star power. This idea that Cotto is the A side to Canelo isn't backed up when you look at attendance, tv ratings, PPV buys ect. And how does Canelo need Cotto more then the other way around? Canelo is young and has nothing but time on his side. Cotto's clock is ticking and other then Mayweather (which I don't see happening because Haymon hates Jay-Z) he has no other big fight to explain to his fanbase why he is ducking GGG. If he doesn't fight GGG and backs out of the Canelo fight to fight another bum he will get killed by media and fans.

Canelo can fight anybody in Sept and do a massive 2 mil TV ratings on regular HBO. He has no mandatory challenger that he is ducking. He fought no fanbase having Lara and did good PPV numbers and this was on Showtime. Look at his ratings spike since coming back to HBO. With HBO pushing his next PPV that number will be much higher then his last Showtime PPV.
              Cotto should be the A side out of respect regardless of PPV buys or TV ratings, they arent that far apart when it comes to being a Draw, but there is a reason canelo wants cottos name on his resume, im a big canelo fan but cant deny cotto is a future hall of Famer and a win will do lots for canelos career, while i still agree due to canelos age he can continue without cotto, heck i think he would have been better now without the floyd fight...

Comment

Originally posted by -Antonio- View Post
                You can argue that those numbers will be thrown out considering that was the night Pac/May was replayed on HBO.
                Oh stop it, the pac/may replay got half the tv ratings that canelo did. Meaning the ratings spiked up for Canelo. All the excuses by Cotto fans. Just face it Canelo's star power is on the rise and has surpassed Cotto's. I mean it's just a fact. Cotto ain't selling out 30,000 ball parks. Canelo's PPV fight with Mayweather blew Cotto's PPV with Mayweather out the water. I could care less about A side B side crap but it's just funny after months of Cotto fans talking about Canelo is the B side and this and that as excuses for why Cotto should call the shots in negotiations or get more money then him and ultimately using it as the excuse for why Cotto backed out the fight. Now in a matter of months it's clear that Canelo is cementing himself as the A side.

Right now unless your name is Mayweather and maybe Pacquiao there is NOBODY in boxing who can say they are the A side over Canelo.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-09-2015, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
                  Canelo's 2.1mill rating ****s on Cotto's 1.6mill. Canelo's 20k+ gates do aswell to Cotto's 12k gates. A-side decided.

Only caveat Cotto has, is that Canelo needs him. But Cotto is B-side no question.

cotto is the middleweight champion of the world. that's significant. it's the same title that hopkins, hagler, monzon, held.

i think these two should try and work out a 50/50 split. cotto is already going to get his way with a 155 lb catchweight. i don't think cotto is going to take 50/50, however.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                    Not against Canelo. Canelo got higher PPV buys/ratings vs common fighters such Mayweather and Trout. And his last HBO fight on Kirkland got much higher ratings then Cotto did this weekend. His fight also attracted a much higher gate. Cotto didn't even sell out the Barclays. Canelo did like 30,000 in attendance and filled out a ball park. Canelo has proven he has a bigger fanbase then Cotto.
                    Yes....but you forgot one small detail:

COST: $10.00 + free taco = Every illegal immigrant in TX went to that fight for dinner.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      cotto is the middleweight champion of the world. that's significant. it's the same title that hopkins, hagler, monzon, held.

i think these two should try and work out a 50/50 split. cotto is already going to get his way with a 155 lb catchweight. i don't think cotto is going to take 50/50, however.
                      Martinez was the Middleweight champ and Cotto used his Diva tactics and this BS I'm the A side crap in negotiations and got his weight, his arena, top billing ect. But now that he clearly is not the A side and the Star factor is NOT in his favor he should get 50/50 because a bogus title he won from a crippled fighter? And how is Cotto getting his way if the fight is at the weight Canelo has been fighting at? Hell if we are honest this fight shouldn't even be for the Middleweight title. Cotto should have to vacate that before he fights Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                      X