No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Vanes Martirosyan, Erislandy Lara Fight To Technical Draw

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by leonthegee View Post
    Lara averaged 33 punches per round. You call that fighting?
    that's a stupid comment coming from a Floyd fan when Floyd has made a living averaging 30 punches a round and being one of the most defensive fighters ever!!

Comment

• Lara clearly won that fight 7-1 or 6-2 before the 9th. Not surprised that Jerry Roth who had Rios winning wide against Abril scored it for Vanes. Hard to win decisions against undefeated Top Rank fighters.

It wasn't a bad fight though, I somehow enjoyed it because every round was competitive.

Comment

• Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
        Lara was running around like a little princess... dirty fighter... low blow, chokehold, headbutt... he shouldve stayed in the amateurs.. he wonders why noone gives a flying **** about him, its because he dances like a little *****... vanes won the fight and forced the action while lara resorted to bicycling and dirty tactics...
        im just pissed this didnt go to the championship rounds so vanes could expose this foo with his far superior conditioning and stamina... lara got lucky his dirty headbutt caused a huge gash... i hope lara never gets another fight on hbo
        Ooopss

[IMG][/IMG]

Comment

• Thought Lara was ahead and coning on but it was close. Not impressed by either guy. Canelo wins against both.

Comment

• Man being a Vanes fan, i was dissapointed, IDk what it is but this dude spars like a beast, iv'e heard he knocks dude out in sparring and handled Chavez Jr. As hard this is too say and admit but I think Canelo will man handle both Lara and vanes, he is just to strong and just just wants to win more, both guys last night were fighting not too lose, Vanes shouldv'e just kept applying the pressure at timers he had Lara rocked but stopped, that is his flaw he needs to maintain the pressure and corner him and just pound on him...he mad Lara look stupid and really like an amateur at times, Lara just ran around all night like a chicken and resorted to dirty tactics.. Just dont know what it is with Vanes he needs to go all out beast mode, he needs to fight to win , not fight to not lose, Screw that perfect record, go all out man.. risk everything this was your time to shine...

Comment

• Not sure why everyones ripping Lara so hard...Lefty vs righty...The psychology of the tactics payed off as Martirosyan appeared a bit frustrated and started to get tagged cleanly. Rough-house tactics are a normal thing - they both eventually settled down and fought - the ending sucked but isht happens.

Comment

• If Lara is guilty of anything its not appearing to be busy or dominant enough beat Canelo. I wouldnt mind seeing this rematch - they know each other's fighting style now so it may pick up where it left off but with less Uglyness

Comment

• Vanes is nothing exceptional, but a decent fighter that gave Lara hell. Lara winds up his illegal crotch shots and headbutts. He's pro at those, getting away with it as an accident just about everytime. It speaks volumes that he needs to use these tactics against a fighter of Vanes' caliber. It's sad to say they probably can't beat the hype out of Canelo unless they improve.

Comment

• Julio Cesar Chávez Sr. and the Mexican commentators said it was an intentional headbutt. He also said that Canelo beats both Vanes and Lara. Glad Lara showed his respects to the Mexican fans by wearing a sombrero and the Mexican flag colors but he is a coward cause he runs and hugs

Comment

• Originally posted by argminasyan View Post
                      Lara was running around like a little princess... dirty fighter... low blow, chokehold, headbutt... he shouldve stayed in the amateurs.. he wonders why noone gives a flying **** about him, its because he dances like a little *****... vanes won the fight and forced the action while lara resorted to bicycling and dirty tactics...
                      im just pissed this didnt go to the championship rounds so vanes could expose this foo with his far superior conditioning and stamina... lara got lucky his dirty headbutt caused a huge gash... i hope lara never gets another fight on hbo
                      Literally the best and most accurate post in the entire thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X