Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo vs. Trout Showdown Looms For May 4th Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If GBP was serious about making this a great event, they should put this fight on. It's worthy of its own card

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
      According to multiple sources in Mexico, WBC junior middleweight champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez (41-0-1, 30KOs) will likely face WBA "regular" beltholder Austin Trout (26-0, 14KOs) in a unification on May 4th at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. Canelo was originally looking to face Puerto Rican star Miguel Cotto on the date, but Cotto lost a twelve round unanimous decision to Trout on December 1st in New York.

[Click Here To Read More]
      Happy for Trout but what a ****ing disgrace... Who the hell wants to see this fight anyway? Trout doesn't even stand a chance. No interest at all.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
        I meant improve the PPV as in make the entire package a better event.
        Canelo vs Trout would definitely make it better. To young undefeated JMW belt holders, winner unifies then potentially fights another belt holder Floyd Mayweather Jr; Winner holds 3 titles plus The Ring title.

I think. Because if Mayweather fights Guerrero at 147, doesn't he lose his ranking at 154 for being gone a year from 154? Then I don't think he would be eligible to win The Ring 154 title because it's only #'s 1-5, he'd only be eligible to become #1 at 154 again if he beats the winner of Canelo-Trout. According to the rules, Canelo-Trout will be for The Ring 154 title. So if Floyd fights the winner while being an unranked JMW, would he win The Ring title at 154?

Comment

Where all the Canelo haters at now?

Hope this fight gets signed and CinnaBuns shuts these critics up.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
            Canelo vs Trout would definitely make it better. To young undefeated JMW belt holders, winner unifies then potentially fights another belt holder Floyd Mayweather Jr; Winner holds 3 titles plus The Ring title.

I think. Because if Mayweather fights Guerrero at 147, doesn't he lose his ranking at 154 for being gone a year from 154? Then I don't think he would be eligible to win The Ring 154 title because it's only #'s 1-5, he'd only be eligible to become #1 at 154 again if he beats the winner of Canelo-Trout. According to the rules, Canelo-Trout will be for The Ring 154 title. So if Floyd fights the winner while being an unranked JMW, would he win The Ring title at 154?
            I'd help you, but I'm not familiar with the regulations of sanctioning bodies.

Comment

Catch 22. Alvarez needs this fight to prove his legitimacy, but it's a fight he can't win.

Comment

Even if Trout out boxes canelo better than he did cotto, he will get robbed rios vs. abril style. You heard it here first!

Comment

REALLY hope this fight happens... however, I have a feeling that it wont get signed. High risk, low reward and all that.

If it does actually get signed, props to both fighters. I would go with Trout for the UD *judging aside lol*. I don't think Alvarez has ever faced anyone with Trouts style and movement in the ring. The only opponent I can think of that used any kind of real lateral movement against him was Lopez (and that was more out of survival). Alvarez walked him down until he could trap him, but then he had to keep resetting every time Josesito would stop and go on the move again. Even when he did have Lopez against the ropes, Josesito was able to make Saul miss a lot simply by using any kind of head movement.

I definately see Austin using movement to frustrate and tire Saul out (Alvarez always gasses in later rounds), using his jab consistantly and tying him up on the inside - which Trout doesnt have the least bit of problem doing. Unfortunatley for Trout though, judging will be an issue for him (more than likely) and I don't know if he can get a decision without knocking Alvarez out (which I dont see happening with the type of style he needs to use to beat him). I dont think Alvarez will K.O. Trout either.... people dont notice what a good chin Austin has because he takes a punch so well, but he has a very good set of whiskers.

Still somewhat doubtful this fight gets made. If GBP is serious about it though, they better make damn sure Trout doesn't take a fight inbetween [the Alvarez curse]

Comment

...I don't think Alvarez has ever faced anyone with Trouts style and movement in the ring...
                    He has two wins over Miguel Vázquez.

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                      Headline May5th Reads "Trout KTFO"
                      Canelo would have KOed Cotto and if this fight happens he KOs Trout. That's my opinion as well.

Comment

Working...
                      X