Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What Current Boxer Reminds You The Most of a Prime Roberto Duran?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What Current Boxer Reminds You The Most of a Prime Roberto Duran?

Is there anyone similar or close to a prime Duran in terms of style?

None. Duran was Duran, there will never be another like him.

Comment

yea there will never be another Duran but, there will never be another Henry Armstrong or Willie pep. I really see no one similar to Duran at the moment, some people used to compare Hatton to Duran but that has to be one of the most absurd comparisons ever! if i had to pick one person it would be Marquez, but that just shows how much of a difference Duran's style was compared to anyone Else's.

Comment

The CLOSEST you could find might be James Kirkland, but you don't know if he can box when need be, especially on his toes.

Comment

James Kirkland you have to be kidding!!? That is nearly as bad as comparing Hatton with Duran.

Comment

Prime Duran was a special case, KO power in both hands, and could Box well when he needed to. There is no one like him today. Maybe in ten years we will see a fighter cut from the same cloth.

Comment

no-one rally comes close, duran had everything - intelligent in the ring, explosive, good power in both hands, aggressive.

i think if you took the intensity and workrate of pacman, the aggression of kirkland and the skills and intelligence of JMM you'd be halfway there.

Comment

There will never be another Pernell Whitaker.

Comment

Probably a prime Erik Morales....

Comment

I think it has to be ricky hatton just because he gets so fat.

Comment

Working...
                    X