Hardest boxer in history to knock down

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This thread discusses some of the best chins in the sport:
    http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=352300

I would give honorable mention to the argentinean trio of Locche, Monzon, and Castro. Castro was not stopped until his 124th bout. He stopped Jones KO streak and ate his powerful lead right. Jones stopped Thomas Tate who went the distance with J. Jackson, but Jones couldn't stop Castro.

Hagler took some uppercuts from Mugabi that would have taken some heads off.

Holyfield, Rosenbloom, Gavilan and many of the boxers mentioned in this thread and the link i gave all get honorable mention.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Oliver McCall
      It's difficult to envision anything short of a truck collision dropping McCall.

Comment

Morales in his prime was tough as nails...

Comment

What bout a prime roy jones???? Was he ever knocked down in his prime???

Comment

My vote goes to Oliver McCall dude had, shucks HAS an Adamantium Jaw!

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
              What bout a prime roy jones???? Was he ever knocked down in his prime???
              Didn't Lou De Valle scored a flash knockdown on Jones?

Comment

Although he didn't have the quantity of bouts that some of the guys mentioned above i need to give honorable mention to Juan Laporte. I don't think he ever was officially knock down in nearly 60 bouts. He fought guys like W. Gomez, A. Nelson, Chavez, Tszyu etc. That stoppage loss to Padilla was due to an eye injury in which he couldn't see from his eye and it was stopped, he was not stopped in the classic sense. Laporte and Montanez are examples refuting the trolling myth of Puerto Ricans having glass chins.

Comment

Originally posted by likeamulekick View Post
                  Doesn't have to have an iron chin, just the boxer who you would bet GOOD money on that wouldnt hit the canvas by any past or future boxer. I give it to George chuvalo
                  Les Darcy was never knocked down in his career, best bet for unstoppable MW in my book.

Comment

Originally posted by Ray Corso View Post
                    Welterweight Billy Graham, 125+ fights no knock downs, fought all the top tier guys from his era. Holds a win over Sugarman in the amatuers! Ray.
                    Now there was a terrific fighter, so far the two best nominees are Hagler and Graham, and of course Darcy ( what a chin )

Comment

Working...
                    X