Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Two contrasting opinions of the Klitschkos: which do you agree with?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Klitschkos are both ATG Heavyweights. Unfortunately for them, they fought at possibly the weakest HW era of all-time. It's not their fault, but ultimately, they will never go down as top 10 or 15 HW of all-time, do to their era. I'd put Vitali just inside the top 20 HW of all-time, and Wlad would probably be around top 20 or 25.

Wladimir Klitschko's notable resume:
    2000: Chris Byrd- W UD 12
    2002: Francois Botha- W TKO 8
    2002: Ray Mercer- W TKO 6
    2003: Corrie Sanders- L TKO 2
    2004: Lamon Brewster- L TKO 5
    2005: Samuel Peter- W UD 12
    2006: Chris Byrd- W TKO 7
    2006: Calvin Brock- W TKO 7
    2007: Lamon Brewster- W RTD 6
    2008: Tony Thompson- W KO 11
    2010: Eddie Chambers- W KO 12
    2010: Samuel Peter- W KO 10
    2011: David Haye- W UD 12

Vitali Klitschko's notable resume:
    1999: Herbie Hide- W KO 2
    2000: Chris Byrd- L RTD 9 (was up on all scorecards)
    2000: Hoffman- W UD 12
    2003: Lewis- L TKO 6 (was up on socrecards)
    2004: Corrie Sanders- W TKO 8
    2008: Samuel Peter- W RTD 8
    2009: Juan Carlos Gomez- W TKO 9
    2009: Chris Arreola- W RTD 10
    2010: Shannon Briggs- W UD 12
    2011: Odlanier Solis- W KO 1
    2011: Tomasz Adamek- W TKO 10

Vitali's only 2 losses, he was up on all scorecards when it was stopped, and one was from a cut and the other from a shoulder injury. Wladimir got KO'd by Brewster and C. Sanders. No way no how do any of the top 10 or 15 heavyweights get KO'd by those guys, in their prime.

The thing that really makes me wonder about how the Klitschko's would have faired in the 60's against Liston and Ali, or the 70's against Ali, Frazier, Foreman, or the 80's agaainst Holmes and Tyson, or the 90's against Holyfield, Lewis, Bowe.....is the fact that a past prime Lennox Lewis was in the fight with a prime Vitali. Sure, Lewis was down 58-56 when teh fight was stopped, by he was in it, and he was 37 years old, more than a few years from his prime.

Vitali is just inside the top 20, Wlad is just inside the top 25, to me. The funny thing is, if they fought each other, the winner's all-time great stock would rise greatly. For instance, if they fought and Vitali won, he'd be a top 15 all-time HW to me, and would be just outisde of the top 10. If Wlad won, he'd be right around top 15 HW of all-time. But, they are brothers, and they say they'll never fight. Oh well.
    Last edited by 4Corners; 12-08-2011, 04:40 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Chunk View Post
      Translation: If the Klitschkos were black and American, everyone would be riding there dicks.
      Which is true. And I've noticed that most of the people that bash and discredit the Klitschkos also bash and discredit Calzaghe and other non-American good white boxers.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
        Which is true. And I've noticed that most of the people that bash and discredit the Klitschkos also bash and discredit Calzaghe and other non-American good white boxers.
        People discredit Joe because he waited towards the end of his career to FINALLY fight two legit fighters in B Hop and Kessler, out of his 46 fights those are by FAR his best wins. Protected fighters ALWAYS get hated on, the same reason Bute gets hated on etc. Are you really this ****ing stupid? The majority of protected fighters just happen to be from Europe because the best fighters usually flock to America, they stay in Europe fighting the same level of opposition over and over again. Take Bute for example, his best win is over Johnson a long time friend and former sparring partner, his fans claim he's the best even though he hasnt fought anyone, despite guys like Ward and Froch who have fought the best and have proven themselves and have 10x the resume Bute has.

You guys keep claiming he's the best, we explain to you why he's not, you totally ignore everything and label everyone who disagrees with you a racist.

Do you understand that people like YOU, Forza, Domination etc. are the REASON the Klits get so much hate on this forum? It's like you're trying to force everybody to like them, do you realize how annoying you are to people on this forum?

If you don't just look at the Kimbo vs. Wlad poll you just created, there isn't a single person who actually thinks Kimbo would win, the only reason they voted for him is to annoy YOU, they're trolling the **** out of you.

Comment

Originally posted by Cutthroat View Post
          Do you understand that people like YOU, Forza, Domination etc. are the REASON the Klits get so much hate on this forum? It's like you're trying to force everybody to like them, do you realize how annoying you are to people on this forum?
          The Klitschkos were receiving hate from people like yourself long before I ever signed up.

Here's proof:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...tred+Klitschko
          Last edited by The Hammer; 12-30-2011, 01:30 PM.

Comment

The Klitschkos were receiving hate from people like yourself long before I ever signed up.

Here's proof:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/sh...tred+Klitschko
            Refer back to the post I made in there.

Comment

Refer back to the post I made in there.
              Which I answered with a link to another thread.

There was more Klitschkos hate then than now.

Comment

what I find funny is how easily certain people dismiss losses of other fighters like for instance Tyson's loss to Douglas, saying he wasn't right in his mind, and he lost his trainer and this and that. Or Lewis's losses to Rahman and Mccall saying crap about altitude and not training and this and that..but when Klitschko loses due to technicality when ahead on all scorecards and dominating/easily owning his opponent these same types of people won't give any credit at all

Comment

Which I answered with a link to another thread.

There was more Klitschkos hate then than now.
                  No there wasn't lmao, there is more hate now than ever because of you racist idiots. Please just go back to caste where everybody confirms eachothers opinions and circle jerk over white fighters.

The white us media hates white people in America T-T, always trying to hold us down t-t

Comment

The Zionist US media hates ordinary white people in America T-T, always trying to hold us down
                    And Eric Raskin in the poll is the perfect example of that. He never ever has anything good to say about a white boxer.

But I have a dream.

I dream that one day I'll come on boxingscene and the hatred for the Klitschkos and the other good white boxers like Calzaghe will be gone.

I dream that all people will be judged on what they DO, not by the color of their skin or the country in which they were born.

Comment

Working...
                    X