No announcement yet.

Can David Haye still make an impact?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by #1Assassin View Post
    can he? absolutely. will he? seriously doubt it.

haye doesnt have the drive anymore, he had the big fights and made lots of money in the process. haye is one of the few HWs who took his training seriously when preparing for a fight, he is an extrovert if i have ever seen one yet he would lock himself away from the world including his wife and son. no good food, no fun and just daily torture in the gym to get in shape.

he doesnt have it in him to do that anymore. but he loves boxing, the big nights and the attention. when he goes to fights or just starts talking about the sport he gets that itch and then his ego takes over.

haye is much too talented for stiverne and jennings, way too polished for wilder, joshua has a long way to before he is on world level, ortiz is a roid head, pulev is garbage, fury is slow and chinny and wlad looks more vulnerable than he has in a long time.

the only guy right now who would beat haye is wlad and i actually think haye has a good chance of beating him too considering how wlad looked against pulev on saturday.
    Agree with parts of this. On paper, Haye is one of the best heavyweight's around, but his resume in reality is limited.

He's been out of the ring for over two years now, any top contender would probably be too much for him in a comeback fight. Haye has never had it easy against giants, the like of Wilder or Fury. It also remains to be seen how capable he is physically after the injury.

If he still has it, then the potential of a fit David Haye of old fighting his way into contention is quite an exciting prospect. But until that happens, it's still a fantasy.

Comment

A guy can't make an impact if he doesn't fight, simple

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
        A guy can't make an impact if he doesn't fight, simple

This

His stock has surely dropped too, I know if I was a fan I wouldn't be in any rush to buy tickets.

Comment

If he is the fighter he was before he left, he's still the 2nd best HW in the world.

Comment

Very talented fighter, but a serial liar & a fraud. The sport is better off without him.

Comment

I think Haye has missed the boat. If he'd beat Fury and got the ranking, he'd have been able to get a fight with either the Stiverne-Wilder winner or, should Wlad become undisputed, Wladimir in the next year or two.

Seems to me that Wlad will likely throw an ungodly amount of money at the Wilder-Stiverne winner to make sure he gets that fight next, and Haye will have to fight someone good to earn a ranking. Hell, Wladimir might not be interested in the fight unless Haye is his mandatory, so David will have to go beat a Povetkin or a Jennings to get the bout.

I don't think Haye's up for it.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                I voted "no." It's unlikely that David Haye will ever fight again. He'll get a fight scheduled and subsequently get injured, calling the fight off or postponing it and getting injured again.

Do not get sucked in to this guy's con game. How's that saying go? Fool me once, shame on you...???...can't get fooled again

The saddest part out it, is the guy he last fought has made himself relevant again by fighting and beating somewhat decent opposition since. I think Haye will eventually start noticing his pile of money shrinking and start fighting weak opposition again, and having many British fans falling for the same game once again.

Haye is weird. He finally fought a decent heavyweight fighter and beat him, then laid dormant since.

Comment

Working...
                X