Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Broner vs. Abril in Talks For February 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This is to make headlines; I don't think Broner is going to take a dog like Abril.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
      LOl, Getting mad about what exactly? Your just some kid who doesn't know anything about boxing and isn't making much sense really, just babbling on about stuff that's already been proven false, then you confused yourself. Just admit that you didn't know Abril had lost to Lundy because you didn't do your research on who Abril really is.. If 3 people beat Abril including Lundy then Adrien Broner won't have a "Problem"
      Your the one twisting my words, and pretending like I dont break my thoughts down logically! Your logic, is that Hank Beat Abril, so Broner beats him as well! Styles make fights! Hank is a defensive fighter, and Broner is a flat footed fighter who walks you down! I break down everything I say, yet you pretend to ignore it! You still wont even acknowledge that broner doesnt do well with defensive styles! He barely landed on Eloy in one of those rounds, because he cant box! He can mostly fight on the insides! Abril just showed in this interview that he knows how to use his tools to beat Broner! Im rocking with Abril, and Im just not changing my mind man! Im sorry! If Abril said some **** like, "He's not tough, Im gonna stand there and bang and show him who's boss" then maybe you'd have an argument! He said the one thing he had to say, to get me on board! And Broner just cant box, nor can he deal with a slick style! Im not changing no matter who beat who! Broner beat the guy that Im using as an example; Eloy! But it dont matter, I saw some things in that fight, and Im thinking in this direction man, get over it!

Comment

Was hoping for Vazquez..... But Team Broner could have done worse... So hey

Comment

...Abril is some bum with three loses.
          ...If 3 people beat Abril including Lundy then Adrien Broner won't have a "Problem"
          Hard for me to opine about the Lundy fight, since I haven't seen it. But I've heard from a couple of sources, including the member "New England", who was at the fight, that Abril should've gotten the nod. (It's very difficult to find any footage on Abril.) The Rios fight, on the other hand, I did see. As is commonly known, that fight was highway robbery. So, for all intents and purposes, Richard has two losses, one of which is questionable. He's not a "bum".

Comment

I'd love to see this match, it's a snoozefest if you don't enjoy the science of course. There's no way Abril will allow Broner to get inside with his right uppercuts/left elbow high guard.

Comment

Originally posted by chubano View Post
              This is to make headlines; I don't think Broner is going to take a dog like Abril.
              Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
              Was hoping for Vazquez..... But Team Broner could have done worse... So hey
              If Broner indeed takes on Abril, then I can see him making his way through the division. That would be refreshing: take on all comers.

Comment

Abril is a step in the wrong direction he is on a level of Demarco,
                Once again, the world champions at 135 besides Broner are:

Miguel Vasquez
                Ricky Burns
                Richard Abril (assuming he gets recognition as full champion by the WBA)

Vasquez is with Top Rank so that is not a realistic possibility for a Golden Boy fighter. But Broner wants to fight Abril then Burns.

What more can you ask of him at lightweight?

Only a hater with an agenda would criticize a man for wiping out an entire division.

Comment

Originally posted by MurkaMan View Post
                  Your the one twisting my words, and pretending like I dont break my thoughts down logically! Your logic, is that Hank Beat Abril, so Broner beats him as well! Styles make fights! Hank is a defensive fighter, and Broner is a flat footed fighter who walks you down! I break down everything I say, yet you pretend to ignore it! You still wont even acknowledge that broner doesnt do well with defensive styles! He barely landed on Eloy in one of those rounds, because he cant box! He can mostly fight on the insides! Abril just showed in this interview that he knows how to use his tools to beat Broner! Im rocking with Abril, and Im just not changing my mind man! Im sorry! If Abril said some **** like, "He's not tough, Im gonna stand there and bang and show him who's boss" then maybe you'd have an argument! He said the one thing he had to say, to get me on board! And Broner just cant box, nor can he deal with a slick style! Im not changing no matter who beat who! Broner beat the guy that Im using as an example; Eloy! But it dont matter, I saw some things in that fight, and Im thinking in this direction man, get over it!
                  you don't break your thoughts down properly. You bring up Eloy Perez who Broner KTFO for gawd sake, who cares what Eloy did in a couple feeling out rds he got KTFO at the end of the day. If Eloy is your best example of Broner's flaws that's sad, and to counter that my best example is Lundy already beat Abril, and Broner is younger, stronger, and faster than Lundy. Broner walks down his opponents often because he is a boxer-puncher but that doesn't mean he's not versatile or dynamic, If walking down is working why fix it so far it got Broner 21 KO out of 25 fights.

Comment

Originally posted by CubanGuyNYC View Post
                    Hard for me to opine about the Lundy fight, since I haven't seen it. But I've heard from a couple of sources, including the member "New England", who was at the fight, that Abril should've gotten the nod. (It's very difficult to find any footage on Abril.) The Rios fight, on the other hand, I did see. As is commonly known, that fight was highway robbery. So, for all intents and purposes, Richard has two losses, one of which is questionable. He's not a "bum".
                    The Prescott loss was questionable too. Like someone else said, he could easily be 20-0. Besides, triangle theories don't work in boxing and I am shocked that people still use them to try and make a point. Fact is, Broner has never faced a fighter like Abril and Abril has never faced a fighter like Broner. That's what makes this matchup so intriguing.

Comment

• LMAO @ Using Eloy Perez as fodder to hate on Broner.

REEEACHING!

Broner almost ALWAYS feels out his opponent in the first 3 rounds or so. Eloy was outclassed by Broner in every way...except for being coked up.

Comment

Working...
                      X