Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can travel/training trips help your boxing development as a Fighter or Trainer?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Can travel/training trips help your boxing development as a Fighter or Trainer?

I think so. Often times people get stuck with information regarding the broad science of boxing because of loyalty. I think it's a great idea to have a training trip to some gym with a completely different system than your own. If anything it will unlock your mind regarding how many different ways there are to train and fight.

You don't have to learn all the different ways. However the experience could give you a new found respect for boxing and how much of an ocean the sport really is.

I respect Jiu Jitsu and other martial arts because there are no "Styles. There is simply the art of Jiu Jitsu. However here in 2012 you still here people being referred to as in or out fighters and you still here phrases like "Styles make fights" While that phrase is very true, it's also very sad to here in 2012. It sounds like something an old stubborn dude would say because he know no better way.

It's like an older person saying "back in my day we didn't use the internet." It's 2012 now and we do. However that's where the Science/Martial Art Boxing is today. People making excuses because they don't want to learn something new regarding training or fighting.

I could go on about this topic for hours literally especially regarding the Science of combat sports, however I hate typing lol. So my overall point is travel if you can and learn something new, fighters and trainers. The sport is deeper than you think and no it should not be dumbed down. Just ask boxing HISTORIAN Mike Tyson.

Lastly I will leave you with this video which is a very deep discussion about Martial Arts. If you have patience use your third eye to watch this and apply it to boxing and boxing training. "Hard Work, Skill, and Intelligence over Ignorance and Superstition."

fantasy killaz

Working...
X