Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'll say it... Guillermo Rigondeaux is probaby the most skilled boxer of all time.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'll say it... Guillermo Rigondeaux is probaby the most skilled boxer of all time.

We already knew he was probably the best Amateur boxer of all time.

With last nights performance I am going to put it out there that Rigondeaux is probably the most skilled boxer to ever step into the ring.

We just saw a 32 year old fighter on the downside of his prime dismantle a top 5 p4p fighter in his prime.

I am not saying he is unbeatable, he still has to prove that against a fighter who can take his punches and is willing to eat them to deliver their own like a Roberto Duran, but skill wise I think it can now be argued that he is without equal.

The closest I can think of is maybe Pernell Whitaker, but Rigo is equally slick, is better at controlling the pace of fights, and is more precise with his punches.

You need to do more than dominate Nonito Donaire to prove yourself as one of, if not the most skilled boxer of all time. He is an amazing talent for sure but he has a long way to go before we can call him that. Amateur accomplishments have no bearing on Professional accomplishments, imo.

Comment

I'll say it...this might be slightly pre-mature.

Comment

Good god!

Comment

1) Sweet Pea

2) Rigo

Yeah, I said it.
          Last edited by Tim2daresq; 04-14-2013, 12:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
            You need to do more than dominate Nonito Donaire to prove yourself as one of, if not the most skilled boxer of all time. He is an amazing talent for sure but he has a long way to go before we can call him that. Amateur accomplishments have no bearing on Professional accomplishments, imo.
            I am not saying he is the most accomplished, but he proved his skills in an undisputed fashion in the Amateurs.

2 Olympic Golds - probably would have been 3 if Cuba let him Compete in Beijing.
            2 World Amateur Championships
            2 World Cup Golds

Last night, he proved in an undisputed manner that his skills transitioned completely to the Pro ranks.

He has no equal in terms of pure boxing skill and craft.

Comment

Originally posted by fishscale View Post
              No, you really don't. When you beat a guy like Vic Darchinian, people start to say, "woah he got skills, lets see what happens when he fights so, and so."

Well, guess what? He fought so and so, and utterly outclassed him. He not only faced his toughest task, probably of his career, but took him to school.

There's literally nothing more he has to do, besides beat a bunch of fighters that aren't even on Nonito's level, and go on a ridiculous winning streak.

Comment

rigotards have spoken!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by !! Shawn View Post
                  We already knew he was probably the best Amateur boxer of all time.

With last nights performance I am going to put it out there that Rigondeaux is probably the most skilled boxer to ever step into the ring.

We just saw a 32 year old fighter on the downside of his prime dismantle a top 5 p4p fighter in his prime.

I am not saying he is unbeatable, he still has to prove that against a fighter who can take his punches and is willing to eat them to deliver their own like a Roberto Duran, but skill wise I think it can now be argued that he is without equal.

The closest I can think of is maybe Pernell Whitaker, but Rigo is equally slick, is better at controlling the pace of fights, and is more precise with his punches.
                  Man just stfu, lmao! Rigo has a lot more to do than just winning one fight. He proved he was the goods, now he has to prove that he has longevity. You wouldn't know that of course being a Homer and penis rider of Rigo.

Comment

The Boxing Gods, should make Abner a mandatory next.

Comment

Working...
                    X