Collapse
No announcement yet.

Better win for first title: Mayweather or Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

both great wins.both earned the victories at young ages over "THE MAN"in the division

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
      So we've seen the fights we know the stories, who's first title win was more impressive.

Floyd vs. Hernandez or Manny vs. Sasakul?
      Mayweather IMO..look at the guys Sasakul lost to and look at the guys Hernandez lost to. Hernandez only 2 losses are from Oscar and Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Walt Liquor View Post
        probably the worst thread ever..............................

duh

so an olympic gold medalist who had everything handed to him (as far as getting fights and exposure goes) had a better first title win than an obscure asian fighter with no amateur career worth mentioning. wow, that means a lot.

Comment

manny's. lineal title>>>>>>regular title

sasakul just beat a p4p fighter when he lost to pac. genaro (altho better than sasajul overall) was at his last leg of his carreer.

Comment

Mayweather retired Hernandez....and then paid for his funeral....

Comment

I honestly have never seen another Sasakul fight to really compare.

Comment

To set the record straight. Yes Pacquiao-Sasakul was for the lineal title. Sasakul was the lineal champion. But, So what Mayweather-Hernandez...Going into the fight Hernandez was the lineal champion.

So while anyone wants to give credit to Pac for getting that lineal championship. That same credit needs to be given to Floyd for getting that lineal champion.

By no means was Floyd-Hernandez a "regular title".

Carry on with the debate.

Comment

Originally posted by PED User View Post
                  At the tail end of his career, when he was already past it. He got stopped by Christian Mijares early in the fight. But, this was when Mijares was at his peak, prime, elite level while Sasakul was on the down side.

Sasakul also went 1-1 with Yuri Arbachakov who was a good Flyweight during the 90's. Was borderline elite level fighter in the 90's. Was in some P4P list. Sasakul had beaten Arbachakov going into the Pac fight.

Comment

same here altho ive seen few. i think the reason a lot is choosing genaro is the fact that he was more popular and was at a more popular weightclass.. but sasakul is pretty good boxer (as in boxer) . also the fact that not a lot of people ( in america ) pay atttention to the lower weights overall give them no other chocie but to pick someone from the weightclass they know.

Comment

Nobody knows who this dude is. Over 90% of his fights were in Thailand. Also 3 fights after Manny defeated Sasakul he was knocked out by Medgoen Singsurat.

Floyd defeated Hernandez in 1998 ans still hasn't lost 14 years later.....

Comment

Working...
                      X