Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Even this form of Glen Johnson would be Abraham's, Dirrel's and Ward's toughest test.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Even this form of Glen Johnson would be Abraham's, Dirrel's and Ward's toughest test.

I mean toughest test to date. Dirrel is a soft-minded fighter even though he's fast and skilled. Ward has flaws unlike people let on on this site like throwing a left hook that you can see coming from a mile away that's easy to counter. Now with Ward and Dirrel fighting it's easy to say each guy will be each other's toughest test to date. But outside of that, Johnson is a live opponent for anybody in this thing I think if he shows up like he did against Cloud. Ward and Dirrel don't have the power to get his respect like Cloud did even though they are probably more skilled where boxing craft is concerned. And I actually think Johnson would beat Abraham easily. He'd only be a slight underdog in my view against Dirrel and Ward. He's gonna beat Green like no tommorrow.

Kessler, Froch, and Dirrell are all better than Glen Johnson.

Comment

I agree he is live against any of them and should still be able to beat Green.

Comment

Against Abraham, Froch, Kessler, and Green yes. Dirrell and Ward, no.

Comment

I dissagree with the whole post. You just overrated the hell out of Glen Johnson. I know Cloud is one of your favorite fighters but just because he gave Cloud hell doesnt mean the same for the S6 guys you named.

He didnt look good to me in the Cloud fight, He looked drained at Light Heavy in that fight.

So him dropping more weight wil be big. Saying hed beat AA easily is laughable at best.

Dirrell is much better than Glen Johnson. So is Ward. So saying Johnson would be their toughest test when they are fighting each other makes no sense.

Dirrell and Ward are also much better than cloud FWIW.

Comment

I think he would be Wards stiffest test. Ward has yet to fight someone who can match his inside game, inside fighting is a lost art so few boxers can effectively fight in the pocket.

Toney, Hopkins, Ward, Floyd are a few of the guys that can do it an two of them are very close to retirement.

Comment

Originally posted by No Ceilings View Post
              I dissagree with the whole post. You just overrated the hell out of Glen Johnson. I know Cloud is one of your favorite fighters but just because he gave Cloud hell doesnt mean the same for the S6 guys you named.

He didnt look good to me in the Cloud fight, He looked drained at Light Heavy in that fight.

So him dropping more weight wil be big. Saying hed beat AA easily is laughable at best.

Dirrell is much better than Glen Johnson. So is Ward. So saying Johnson would be their toughest test when they are fighting each other makes no sense.

Dirrell and Ward are also much better than cloud FWIW.
              How do you figure? what makes him so good?

He isn't really even proven to be world class at this point and is very 1 dimensional.

If he couldn't ko Glen he would be outworked.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryn0 View Post
                I think he would be Wards stiffest test. Ward has yet to fight someone who can match his inside game, inside fighting is a lost art so few boxers can effectively fight in the pocket.

Toney, Hopkins, Ward, Floyd are a few of the guys that can do it an two of them are very close to retirement.
                Bingo. Since when are Kessler, Abraham, or even Dirrel good inside fighters. Johnson is one of those guys who kills it when it comes to fighting in the pocket until he gets winded a little bit in the late rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                  How do you figure? what makes him so good?

He isn't really even proven to be world class at this point and is very 1 dimensional.

If he couldn't ko Glen he would be outworked.
                  Well let me start by saying this. I dont think Glen will look good at 168 at all. He didnt even look good vs. Cloud IMO. Cloud is a marginal talent and Johnson went to war with him. I thought he looked drained so dropping more weight will be key.

Johnson is also one dimensional. Abe is faster, stronger, hits harder and is in the prime of his career. I think he'd Ice Glen Johnson by KO.

Dirrell beat AA's ass. He did. However Glen Johnson doesnt have that kind of boxing ability or speed. Going to war with AA which is what Johnson would do would be a disaster for him imo.

Comment

People are gonna be shocked by how drained Johnson will be. That is if he even tries to make weight.

I think it's funny that one year ago, everybody was shitting on Dawson for fighting Johnson again after their controversial first fight, but now everybody is big upping Johnson now. ****ing pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                    X