# UFC 72 - Franklin v. Okami - 200,000
    # UFC 73 - Ortiz v. Evans - 425,000
    # UFC 74 - Couture v. Gonzaga - 520,000
    # UFC 76 - Liddell v. Jardine - 475,000
    # UFC 77 - Franklin v. Silva II - 325,000
    # UFC 78 - Evans v. Bisbing - 325,000^
    # UFC 79 - Liddell v. Silva - 600,000*
    # UFC - 4,885,000 ($194.5 million)(11)

# HBO Boxing - 4,795,000 ($239.75 million)(8)

UFC outdid HBO but not boxing in general, if you add mayorga-vargas for example

I thought hbo did more ppvs than ufc, i was wrong. And HBO made a ton more money with 3 less ppvs

Yea i think there was 1 UFC PPV that broke 1 million, but UFC doesnt generate nearly as much money as boxing does yet.

And can someone explain how UFC makes nearly ALLLL of their cards PPV, yet nobody complains?????????

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post
      Yea i think there was 1 UFC PPV that broke 1 million, but UFC doesnt generate nearly as much money as boxing does yet.

And can someone explain how UFC makes nearly ALLLL of their cards PPV, yet nobody complains?????????
      Precisely. Those figures tell us very little about the overall popularity and profitability of both sports and tell us nothing about their worldwide appeal.

Comment

is there a breakdown for boxing? I'd like to see the final numbers for each event.

Comment

Originally posted by Kball15 View Post

I know pretty much all their shows are on PPV except for the few that have been on Spike. They are cheaper and seem to have a lot of fights, but in boxing there is usually complaining when certain fights are on PPV.

Comment

UFC - 17.68 mill per ppv
            HBO - 29.97 mill per ppv

boxing is still beating UFC but UFC is fast approaching boxing. I love both sports alot and think UFC will one day overtake boxing not cuz its the better sport but cuz it is better managed. Boxing is way too divided and there are way too many managers and promoters controlling the business which is destroying boxing. The one thing you can count on in UFC is atleast 2-3 great matches in every ppv cuz UFC controls every fighter-not the managers of each fighter. In boxing, fighters are kept away from great fighters for most of their careers to build up a record that looks better than it really is. Boxing needs to scrap all the major organizations(wbo, wba, ibf, wbc....) and just have one ruling body for all of boxing in all the world. Than ufc wouldn't stand a chance and boxing would dominate without a doubt. but as it stand right now, looks like ufc will be making more money than boxing sooner rather than later.

Comment

That tells you right there that the UFC can't compete with boxing.

Comment

ufc sucks they are not in shape because by the end of the 1st they are tired. boxers have way better stamina. i can stand to watch bums throwing wide looping punches tired and holding on the ground. to me it sucks. there is NO ART in STREET FIGHTING. Thats what it all boils down to, you can do judo karate muay thai but it is just a glorified street fight by the end with the elbows and knees. I did that **** in middle and high school years ago.

Comment

When I was young street fighting was called what it is, street fighting. In today's world where we like to dress a pig with lipstick and mascara, street fighting is now called mixed martial arts. Give it a new name and lots of bull**** promotion and you have a whole new sport. I can hardly wait until jerking off is an event at the Olympics where they call it spiritual massage.

Comment

wow. why so much hate for the mma? I understand if you think boxing is a better sport, but so much animosity, why? Its a great sport. It is the purest of all sports. A one on one battle to see who wins and you can use whatever method of winning that you want with some rules here and there. boxing is limited to punching which has its beauty as well but you've got to respect MMA man. It just doesn't make sense to hate on it.

Comment

Working...
                    X