Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

UFC 151 was cancelled thanks to Dan Henderson.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UFC 151 was cancelled thanks to Dan Henderson.

It's bewildering, baffling in fact of how the general public thinks without being rational.

Question: to anyone out there who has had an knee injury in any sport at any time, Do you still train on it knowing that you've torn something inside?

I mean who tears their knee up and then continues to train as if it will heal during use... that's like breaking a leg and assuming you'll just walk if off.

Morons!

I've hurt myself training and stopped, so i could heal, that's how the body works! It's Nature.

But Dan Henderson Kept on training!?!?! knowing that he would have to pull out but told no one. Never told Dana White, who he is responsible to, financially.

If Henderson and his team had half a brain they would have told Dana when it happened TO FILL THE EVENT SPOT ON DATE. 8 days notice is not enough notice in an elite fight

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS WHO COMPETE'S AT A HIGH LEVEL. When one trains for one type of fighter and their habits to change to another type of fighter at the end of their training camp IS RETAReD!

The fault Squarly falls on Dan Henodo's and his irresponsible attitude towards mma and it's fans and other fighters. If Henderson didn't get hurt OR if henderson allowed enough time to notify weeks in advance UFC 151 would still be on track, anyone who who disagrees with this obvious fact is a fool.

Greg Jackson?????

Comment

I did Wing Chung and ****ed my knee up. Torn something for over a year but have not gone to the doctors because I simply hate them. It hurts a lot but it is not constant. I can play football once a week fine so I believe he tried to fight through it, but VS Jones he wanted to be 100% fit. Nothing wrong with that.

It was not cancelled because of him though, Dana tried to set up other fights and even started marketing for it. Jones not willing to fight Chael was what messed it up and caused it to be cancelled.

Comment

Also, Henderson was going to fight anyway. Because he's a soldier. Jon Jones would pull out of a fight for an ingrown hair....

Comment

Its one thing to turn down machida, shogun, rampage, rashad, hendo or even belfort on 8 days notice se they all have dangerous knockout power. But turning down chael who has barely any power at 185 nevertheless. 205 where his career started where most of his losses come from where he would probably struggle to keep a job in strikeforce 205 class. Forrest will dominate chael on a full camp and make Jones look like a scared girl especially when Jones feast on wrestlers anyway and facing the smallest probablyeasiest one dimensional wrestler he'd ever fight at that weight class. Tito would beat Chael. Chael said how can you punch a man 300times and lose a fight in a 5 second hold? Well how do you hit a man 300 times and he's still conscious and not even phased? and Jones was scared. Probably mostly because of that sport killer cancer to MMA Greg Jackson.

Comment

Originally posted by Bloody$Nate$ View Post
            Its one thing to turn down machida, shogun, rampage, rashad, hendo or even belfort on 8 days notice se they all have dangerous knockout power. But turning down chael who has barely any power at 185 nevertheless. 205 where his career started where most of his losses come from where he would probably struggle to keep a job in strikeforce 205 class. Forrest will dominate chael on a full camp and make Jones look like a scared girl especially when Jones feast on wrestlers anyway and facing the smallest probablyeasiest one dimensional wrestler he'd ever fight at that weight class. Tito would beat Chael. Chael said how can you punch a man 300times and lose a fight in a 5 second hold? Well how do you hit a man 300 times and he's still conscious and not even phased? and Jones was scared. Probably mostly because of that sport killer cancer to MMA Greg Jackson.
            Nice post but I laughed when I saw the boxer in your signature...

Comment

ufc 151 was cancelled cause of over saturation.... if you believe otherwise you are stupid. This card had no legitiment "co-mainevent" if it had a strong card it would of never been cancelled. The fact that dan henderson got injured and jones turned down a sonnen fight has nothing to do with anything really. Dana can point fingers and all the stuff but if they would of comined 152 nd 151's cards they wold of hada really good one and also this wouldnt of been cancelled, so the only blame truly lies on the ufc itself. not 1 person.....

Comment

So then its MacDonald's fault for pulling out first and ruining the Co main event.

Comment

[IMG]http://cdn.*****************/instances/400x/25439977.jpg[/IMG]

Comment

Originally posted by Dudley View Post
                    It's bewildering, baffling in fact of how the general public thinks without being rational.

Question: to anyone out there who has had an knee injury in any sport at any time, Do you still train on it knowing that you've torn something inside?

I mean who tears their knee up and then continues to train as if it will heal during use... that's like breaking a leg and assuming you'll just walk if off.

Morons!

I've hurt myself training and stopped, so i could heal, that's how the body works! It's Nature.

But Dan Henderson Kept on training!?!?! knowing that he would have to pull out but told no one. Never told Dana White, who he is responsible to, financially.

If Henderson and his team had half a brain they would have told Dana when it happened TO FILL THE EVENT SPOT ON DATE. 8 days notice is not enough notice in an elite fight

EVERYONE KNOWS THIS WHO COMPETE'S AT A HIGH LEVEL. When one trains for one type of fighter and their habits to change to another type of fighter at the end of their training camp IS RETAReD!

The fault Squarly falls on Dan Henodo's and his irresponsible attitude towards mma and it's fans and other fighters. If Henderson didn't get hurt OR if henderson allowed enough time to notify weeks in advance UFC 151 would still be on track, anyone who who disagrees with this obvious fact is a fool.
                    Stupid thread. Hendo told Dana White 3 weeks prior and went to see UFC doctors.

3 weeks is plenty of time to get a replacement fighter, but ***** Bones Jones kept ducking them all.

Comment

Working...
                    X