• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nielsen Media Ratings - Alexander vs. Bradley, ESPN FNF's

ESPN2 Friday Night Fights
    January 7, 2011 - Prodvonikov/Herrera - 545,000 live viewers

January 14, 2011 - Manfredo/Eduard - 788,000 live viewers

January 28, 2011 - Arreola/Abell - 734,000 live viewers

HBO WCB Boxing - January 29, 2011 - Bradley-Alexander - 1.345 million live viewers
    http://www.theboxingtruth.com/article.php?id=1951

Alexander vs. Bradley did ok numbers not spectacular but maybe it was better then numbers weren't huge since the fight was very underwhelming.

The FNF numbers have been very impressive, last year the highest live ratings.

7/16/2010 - ESPN2 FNF - 625,000 live viewers

It was when Judah fought, and I haven't seen anything in the 700k range in a few years. Another big card from a year and a half ago.

8-28-2009 - ESPN - Friday Night Fights - Juan Urango vs. Randall Bailey - Cloud vs. Woods - 556,000 Live Viewers

So it's good news that we might be getting a few more casuals who tune into FNF's.

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

Alexander vs. Bradley did ok numbers not spectacular but maybe it was better then numbers weren't huge since the fight was very underwhelming.

It was when Judah fought, and I haven't seen anything in the 700k range in a few years. Another big card from a year and a half ago.

8-28-2009 - ESPN - Friday Night Fights - Juan Urango vs. Randall Bailey - Cloud vs. Woods - 556,000 Live Viewers

So it's good news that we might be getting a few more casuals who tune into FNF's.
    Thanks for Posting this brother. I love supporting FNF I think they deliver some good fights.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
      Thanks for Posting this brother. I love supporting FNF I think they deliver some good fights.

Another thing is the ratings are only for ESPN2. It doesn't include the ESPN Deportes where it's also shown live and ESPN3 online.
      Last edited by mrpain81; 02-01-2011, 08:46 PM.

Comment

wow, all things considered those are actually great ratings. especially surprising is Eduard-Manfredo.
        and not even counting ESPN360.

man, if ESPN could get their hands on high level fights, I have a feeling the ratings would be huge.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post
          wow, all things considered those are actually great ratings. especially surprising is Eduard-Manfredo.

man, if ESPN could get their hands on high level fights, I have a feeling the ratings would be huge.
          Not when hbo put millions into there fight.While chavez jr drew bigger
          ratings with his fight.

Comment

Originally posted by blackirish137 View Post

They just have to open up their wallets some and it could become a reality.

They cut the budgets for fights years ago, so perhaps they should amp them up a little.

ESPN can be a great forum for boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by mrpain81 View Post

This is a good news for boxing in general and for this fight in particular.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
                Not when hbo put millions into there fight.While chavez jr drew bigger
                ratings with his fight.
                f.u.c.k. hbo homie showtime and espn is where its at now!

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                  They just have to open up their wallets some and it could become a reality.

They cut the budgets for fights years ago, so perhaps they should amp them up a little.

ESPN can be a great forum for boxing.
                  Some of the most entertaining cards I have seen have been on FNF even if most of the fighters on there are not elite level guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
                    Some of the most entertaining cards I have seen have been on FNF even if most of the fighters on there are not elite level guys.

Yeah, the trend I noticed was less gimme fights and better matchmaking on the cards.

That helps too.

And you're right. You never know when you'll see a gem.

Comment

Working...
                    X