Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why is Pacquiao height and reach ignored when looking at his greatness?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why is Pacquiao height and reach ignored when looking at his greatness?

The man was outsized and outweighed his entire career. Not just outweighed...

He's only 5′ 5½″ with T-rex arms 67″

It's amazing what he achieved... the level of skill needed to do it. He could never just control the ring with the jab and move... he had to go for the kill all the time. And that costed him some hard losses. Him facing Margarito, ODLH though old, was an amazing feat.

I have tremendous respect for the guy as a fighter.

He's been an ******* for some years now with the political and religious BS. But as a fighter, he should be more considered.

67 inch reach is not short for a 5'5" guy

Average reach is equal to ones height, so for 5'5" converts to 65" reach as average so Manny reach is rather good for his height.

Comment

Because boxing is about weight divisions, not height and reach divisions.

Comment

Outweighed his entire career? His career started at 135 did it?

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
          The man was outsized and outweighed his entire career. Not just outweighed...

He's only 5′ 5½″ with T-rex arms 67″

It's amazing what he achieved... the level of skill needed to do it. He could never just control the ring with the jab and move... he had to go for the kill all the time. And that costed him some hard losses. Him facing Margarito, ODLH though old, was an amazing feat.

I have tremendous respect for the guy as a fighter.

He's been an ******* for some years now with the political and religious BS. But as a fighter, he should be more considered.
          Was another thread to circlejerk about Pac really needed? don't ya'll get bored of it?

Comment

I agree. People come up with this piss-poor "drained" nonsense when the fact is that Manny was still dealing with a size disadvantage. One guy is drained, one is at a size disadvantage. Even playing field.
            Manny deserves much more credit for fighting bigger fighters and I have major respect for the guy.

Comment

oh look at those genius floyd fans.

feeling salty already.

find me a fighter shorter than Pac whose 8 division champion.

or just find me a fighter whose 8 division champion.

but i can easily find fighters undefeated with 49 wins even more LOL

Comment

Manny is a great fighter though, some people run their mouths but the question is not if he was great it is how great he was.

Not like a case could be made that tons of dudes were better than him in his era. Pretty much everyone accepts this though.

Comment

Originally posted by Isaac Clarke View Post
                  Outweighed his entire career? His career started at 135 did it?
                  The topic starter dont know much about boxing , he ONLY sees sunshine coming out of Mannys ass , fanboy with a hero .

Comment

Originally posted by Rath View Post
                    oh look at those genius floyd fans.

feeling salty already.

find me a fighter shorter than Pac whose 8 division champion.

or just find me a fighter whose 8 division champion.

but i can easily find fighters undefeated with 49 wins even more LOL
                    Find me one that's undefeated with an 8 division champ on his resume.

Comment

Working...
                    X