Collapse
No announcement yet.

I think Floyd will hit the canvas once against Ortiz

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all depends on if Floyd still has his legs and Ortiz has better inside game then most people think if he hurts Floyd like Mosley did Floyd is getting knocked down at least

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
      all depends on if Floyd still has his legs and Ortiz has better inside game then most people think if he hurts Floyd like Mosley did Floyd is getting knocked down at least
      Ortiz has hardly shown any inside ability that could trouble Floyd Mayweather.

If Ortiz hurts Floyd like Mosley did he still won't knock him down.

Only way Floyd goes down is by a flash knockdown or if he is off balance.

Comment

Originally posted by DLT View Post
        Floyd will be going on 35 by time the fight hits, he fights like once every 2 years now so he will be rusty, and he's fighting a young athletic Southpaw with very good skills. This is no tuneup. Its very dangerous and he could very well catch Floyd with something early.

Like you said though, after that Floyd will adjust. The question is will there be an after that? Getting caught by a Southpaw hurts more then being caught by a righty, espically when youre older & inactive. With that being said, its more plausible for Floyd to straight dominate from start to finish......lol
        I've learbed something today lol.

Comment

Originally posted by dc3383 View Post
          I've learbed something today lol.
          There aint no righty going up to 168 thats going to even drop Floyd, let alone stop him but if one of those Southpaws catch him right then he could go to sleep. Paul Williams has a beast chin but you saw what Sergio did to him. Aint no righty going to do that to him. Its not just talent. Southpaw is a big advantage and that punch hurts more coming from them

Comment

Typical ***** trying to hype the fight when its not even competitive, if peterson can outbox ortiz, floyd will circle around him before he even gets a shot

Comment

Ortiz is hitting the deck in this one. Can't see him holding up against Floyds accurate right hands in this one. Ortiz only shot is to make it a dog fight by fighting on the inside which will be the end of him. Floyd is simply too skilled. FLoyd by KO in this one.

Comment

Floyd will give Ortiz a boxing lesson for 12 rounds and win a lop sided UD. Ortiz timing is too basic for Mayweather and He knows Ortiz style very well. No surprises there.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
                  Ortiz has hardly shown any inside ability that could trouble Floyd Mayweather.

If Ortiz hurts Floyd like Mosley did he still won't knock him down.

Only way Floyd goes down is by a flash knockdown or if he is off balance.
                  I'm not saying Ortiz has a better or is on the same level as Floyd's inside game but he has more inside arsenals then Mosley and throws enough combo's to trouble a hurt Floyd Mayweather I have never seen Ortiz let a hurt opponent off the hooks

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                  Floyd will give Ortiz a boxing lesson for 12 rounds and win a lop sided UD. Ortiz timing is too basic for Mayweather and He knows Ortiz style very well. No surprises there.
                  this is how I see the fight going Ortiz would have a hot start and Floyd would takes him to school. unless Victor does enough damage in the early rounds I see Floyd putting on a boxing clinic

Comment

it's possible. a 100-yr-old mosley almost did it. a 147 lb. ortiz might b able 2.

all i want s a great fight. i'm a fan of both fighters so that's xactly what i expect.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenom View Post
                      I'm not saying Ortiz has a better or is on the same level as Floyd's inside game but he has more inside arsenals then Mosley and throws enough combo's to trouble a hurt Floyd Mayweather I have never seen Ortiz let a hurt opponent off the hooks
                      Of course you have.

Maidanna, Peterson and Berto were all let off the hook when they were hurt. As we know he didn't put any of them away and by God did he try.

Maybe in terms of KD's but Berto was hurt numerous times and he couldn't knock him down same goes for Peterson.

Plus, he has never fought anyone like Mayweather and infact has never fought anyone that is that hard to hit.

Comment

Working...
                      X